Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 08:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/168/150
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking Can't believe the difference!

WOW!!! I can't believe what a difference low-carbbing has made in my life. I feel like my brain has kicked into overdrive, require 1 hour less sleep a night, and feel like I'm taking pep pills (I'm not of course).
BUT, should I go off induction (Atkins) after 2 weeks if I feel this good? I would rather stay on for awhile longer but not if it's going to be bad for me. BTW, I'm taking a 100% multi vit and a calcium tab every day.

Thanks
Moon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 08:20

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

My opinion is that if you are not feeling deprived, stay on induction for longer.

I just weighed and I'm down 15lbs in 10 days. I didn't trust my scale, but my wife weighed herself and she's her normal weight.

I'm cautiously excited. It's like I don't want to believe it, too scared to.

I lost 25lbs on Atkins a few years ago, and did so in about 6 weeks. Changed jobs and had trouble with the lifestyle.....fell off the wagon, and gained my weight back and more.

Anyway, good luck. I know I plan on staying on induction longer than 2 weeks.

I just have to remember that it's not "induction or else". That if I feel deprived, I don't have to fall off the wagon, but simply and slowly start adding some more carbs.

Lee
260/245/200
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 13:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey, WTG! I'll never go back to eating high carb, for the reasons you described. I'm way healthier.

There's no reason not to stay on induction for a while longer, as long as you're not bored and you're eating properly. Sounds like you are. Maybe try some new foods to keep it interesting.

Much continued success!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 23:24
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I think staying on induction is a good idea too...don't know what the guidelines are as far as "too long" but I often just keep myself as close to 20 carbs a day as much as possible...and when I eat more than that, no big deal. Of course, my Atkins is a bit "modified" ...but it's finally working for me.

Find what works for you...but yes, get a good solid start!

#5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 00:25

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Yep, good advice from all. I felt great on induction too (in fact, was a bit scared to add more carbs) and stayed on it for almost a month. As long as you're not feeling deprived, as the others mentioned, eat as you have been. When you're ready or bored, test the waters with more veggies, cheeses, nuts, even fruit.

and Lee, you can go to your profile and change your stats so we can all celebrate your success!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 04:30

Stats: 180/168/150
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi. Well, it sounds like I can do the the induction awhile longer. The thing that helps me doing Atkins is I like almost everything on the "can eat list", and I always ate alot of veggies. I can see some people having a hard time on an LC diet if they have always limited themselves to a few foods and now they have to eat things they don't really care for. Thanks for the replies and have a great day

Moon
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 15:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I was on Induction-level carbs for about 9 months. I did not keep all the food restrictions, though. Then, someone told me I needed to move up or I'd get "stuck" at 20 carbs. I've since moved up to 30 and am considering raising it more, though I still have a problem getting to 30/day most days.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 21:16

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm on a plan which is basically Atkins induction (<20 carbs a day) with restriced protien - I was told it could be done long term....