Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/146/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Need help staying on track!

This is my first time on this site. Don't quite know what I am doing yet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 12:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins -- Zone
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:no clue; yikes! ;)

welcome!!!

this site is so great!!! I visit several times a day to keep me on track! play around for a little while and you'll get the hang of it! Be sure and check out all of the posts! almost any question you have can be answered!!!

good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 07:39
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Hi Kristin:

Thanks for the encouragement. It's great to have someone to talk to. It seems like the last 10 pounds are the hardest.
Have you ever had the canned shake?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 09:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Sandy,
Welcome!
The last 10lbs are the hardest but I'm sure u can reach your goal in the very near future, u can do it
Will talk to u again soon. Happy low-carbing!

Bebe
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 12:23
Registered Member

Default canned shake hmmm

Hi sandy!!

so good to hear from you!! -- I havent heard of the shake, where can you get them? I am originally from a suburb of chicago so I bet I can get them around home somewhere. (I'm at school in Iowa City, so I doubt there is a spot that keeps em) Unless you know of any!!

Keep up the good work! Remember that the 10 lbs will go if you stick to it, the diet doesnt last till ya drop the weight, it is a WOL!

!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:37

Stats: 246/208/115
BF:
Progress: 29%
Exclamation

I am new as well and enjoy reading the forums. I've been reading from some of the other forums that the shakes contain hidden carbs--even the Atkins shakes and the others that claim they have low carbs in them.

I don't know how to refer you to them however look up hidden carbs on the search box and you can read more about these shakes. Some readers even claim that they have stalled from their weight loss when they drank them.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 18:08
Registered Member

Default hi there!

hello mr. texas!!!

these forums are so great!! I dont even bother with the shakes.. eveutally you find new things to add to eggs, new ways to eat meat..... just keep researching on the do's and dont's and keep in touch with the forum and you wont need the shakes! many people on here post such great ideas!!!!!

good luck!!

ps -- I am on the 3rd day of induction and I have so much energy I feel like I'm on crack!! dont ask why, I just felt like adding it in!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 11:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default Shakes

Hi Kannel

When I don't have time to eat right, I grad an Aktins strawberry shake. It is delicious. No sugar. I find it at Albertson's or Publix.
Ask around it is very popular in Tampa Bay.
When I am on atkins, I have so much energy. My friends are all so skeptical. But, then again, they are not in shape either.
I feel good. I really feel down when I taper off a bit and get a bit too high on the carbs or sugar during outings with family.
I am beginning to educate them. I carry my own food if I stay overnight.
Keep up the good work.
Sandy34683
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 13:37
Registered Member

Talking YEAHH Crystal Light!

I'm so pleased to have something even moderately sweet in my mouth!!

I get ridiculed sooooooooooo much for low carbing. I feel like I have to defend myself to everyone!! Everyone hates when I do it, seriously, I dont even tell my friends or even want to have dinner out with them for fear they'll have some rude comment to make. Thats why I crave this site sometimes, knowing that there are other low carbers out there make all the difference! I am so blinded by what others say that sometimes I too question the health benefits of this diet.

I go through waves of energy and complete exhaustion. Walking home from class today, in the heat, and uphill, I felt like I was just running on low. I also get light headed from time to time if I do something too fast. I know I could prolly eat more carbs than I am, I just stick to the basics though. (I dislike so many of the veggies that are allowed that my diet usually consists of eggs, meat and cheese that have close to 0 carbs) uke:

I'm tempted to go buy a loaf of wheat bread and allow myself one piece w/real butter when I am feeling low, only one or even 1/2 a slice a day. I've cut out so many carbs already I cant imagine one slice of wheat bread would hurt, especially if I am walking and working out. Maybe I'm just trying to justify my actions. ------->

I'm off to the gym, hope to talk soon!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 14:02
Registered Member

BF:
Default Peer pressure

It is hard to be the only one in your social circle that is carbing.
If anyone lives near Palm Harbor and wants to start a monthly meeting, I'd be happy to set it up.