Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 07:54
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Beans Beans Beans

Hi - I just thought I'd tell you what I've been doing when I'm not in the mood to cook a suitable starchy carb for a meal and don't feel like a slice of bread or ryveta. I cooked a batch of mixed beans - kidney (white and red) black turtle and garbonzo - and keep them in the fridge. Its very easy to add a couple of spoons of beans to a salad or even just have the beans alone with a bit of dressing, they can even be plunked into a soup. If stored in a tupperware type container beans last at least a week in the fridge.

Of course you have to like beans to do this
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 08:22

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I agree. I have read so many good things about thier nutritional value , that I am glad to work them into my menu now and then.

I love the prices also! I found that since I don't like the canned ones (hard to find low sodium etc.) when I would prepare a large portion that we loved having a few meals, then I would forget about them setting in the frig. They do not smell as delicous then
I have learned to go ahead an prepare a large portion and then freeze small portions for later. I use those small snack size storage bags. They are easily thawed and used for a quick one serving size for myself.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 09:51
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Thanks Rosa - I didn't know they would freeze well - come to think of they freeze just fine in chili so why not alone. Unless they are in chili the others in my family won't eat beans - so freezing is a great idea.