Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/198/135
BF:?
Progress: 31%
Lightbulb I have a question, can anyone answer this for me????

Two years ago i was on the atkins diet. I went from 215 to 158 seven months. 215 was the highest i have ever been, until i had my baby this last september, my normal weight has always been 150-160.
I had gained alot of weight back before i had my baby, so i started my pregnancy at 190, UGH! ended up being 248..UGH!
I am now 210. I have not been able to stay on atkins lately. i know if i do atkins i can lose wieght (did it before). Now i think i might be pregnant again..UGH! Two questions:
1# has anybody been able to lose thirty pounds in one month?
2# has anybody lost weight when they where pregnant on atkins?

I know its not good to diet when you are pregnant and i wouldn't do it fool force of course, but i would like to know if anyone has done it. I read somewhere, when i first went on the atkins two years ago that some woman lost so much weight when she was pregnant that she looked better during her pregnancy then before. Go figure

Well, i hope someone can get back to me

Thanks
Nicole.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:41

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I'm not sure about the weight thing but I just wanted to say that I've heard of lots of people doing low-carb during pregnancy and have lost weight.. Not Atkins though, its way too strict which obviously isn't healthy for a baby..

I think its possible to lose maybe 20lbs in a month if alot of its water..Not 20lbs of fat though unless you had lipo lol
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 13:28

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

FIRST, find out if you ARE pregnant. If Yes, then give up the idea of actually losing weight. You should concentrate on not gaining by doing "relatively' low carb. Eat the carbs that are on Atkins Manitenance and don't go eating sugars and starches.

It has not been proven that ketosis hurts a developing baby, but would you want to take that chance? And how would you be sure that any weight you were losing was YOUR fat and not essential elements the baby needs?

Start a gentle exercise program (yoga, walking, stretching) and keep to about 100 gm of healthy carbs per day. Without going into ketosis, you might actually exchange some of your fat for the growing weight of the baby. But the scales might not change. At the end of nine months, you'll lose and THEN you can go onto full Atkins & lose.

If you are lucky enough to be able to have children, take care of the unborn one first before you try to lose weight.

JMHO Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 13:38
Registered Member

Stats: 226/198/135
BF:?
Progress: 31%

Thanks guys for answering me. Your right babr i wouldn't want to take the chance. I actually went throught this my last pregnancy. I figured after i had my baby i would concentrate on losing wieght. I ended up gaining a ton of wieght and have yet to take it off.
I just wanted to know if anybody has actually done it. If i am pregnant i will just eat right with less carbs and good veggies. I won't try to lose 20 pounds, just maintain. Although i wish i would have lost something first. I hope i am not pregnant now. If i am i will count it as a blessing though and worry about my wieght loss in 9 mths unless someone knows a way to loss it saftly.

Please if anyone has info about losing wieght during pregnancy please let me know thanks.

Tima