Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:22
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%
Smile Late night eating?

How does late night eating effect you? I'm just wondering because I've recently been eating a snack (ex: cheese or a hotdog) almost every night before bed (around 11:00 pm) and I've actually seemed to lose MORE weight.

Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

Depending on the size of the snack, I've found my results to be similar to yours.

I usually have a snack around 8:30pm and I go to bed at 11pm. I like to keep my metabolism up all day long.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 14:50

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

I noticed that late night eating doesn't affect me unless its something salty (like pork rinds). I try to keep my late night snacks limited to yougurt with sugar free syrup or cottage cheese, then my weigh in is OK in the morning.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 17:28
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Late night seems to be the only time I REALLY want somthing. I usually don't and get a cold drink instead. For those times Im going to go nuts I will grab a few pork rinds.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 17:54
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Late night eating makes me gain, no matter if the food is LC or not, so I try not to eat after 6pm. Sometimes I can't eat until 8pm, but I try not to go that late.

mel
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 07:51

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi

I have always eaten later at night, just a snack or whatever (aka three snacks!). I believe this overindulgence late at night is what got me fat in the first place! I ate and sat in front of the TV. I got fat. My mother got fat. My siblings got fat. My dad got fat, until docs told him to lose weight or die.

My advice is to try to eat something reasonable, that won't deteriorate into something self-destructive in the future, like the volumes of chips, candies and other stuff that helped to kill our family's health.

I eat nuts at night, and the salt on them makes me gain up to five pounds in a few days . Try cottage cheese, a small amount of cheese, celery or other cut veggies, etc.

M
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/175.5/145 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

I eat dinner about 2 hours before I go to bed (due to a busy schedule) and still loose weight. I usualy have meat with veggies and some source of fat like butter or mayo.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 11:43

Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I have read that having a snack before bed can help regulate your insulin levels by not having you basically fast for 8+ hours.

Only late big meals have negatively affected me .. a snack never did me any harm.