Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 09:27

Plan: curves and atkins
Stats: 305/260/175 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default New to the Forum

Hi my name is Lisa. I'm here because my niece told me about this sight.

I haven't been overweight all my life, however during my 1st pregnancy I gained approx. 60 lbs (same old story). That was 17 years ago and I've only gone up from there. From size 12 to 24 at my highest weight. This is not the first time I've tried to lose weight. You know how that goes.

I started the low carb lifestyle in May of 2003. My sister and I were in a book store she was looking at the fitness books ( she wanted to firm up). So as she was looking I started to look and noticed the curves book. I started looking at it and she offered to buy it for me. She has always supported me when I was trying to lose wait. I said no I don't want you to waste your money, however she insisted. I'm glad she did. I didn't want her gift to be in vain so I said I will give it a try. I was excited that this worked for me and I didn't feel so deprived on it. It really motivated me to stick with it. I wasn't starving. I felt better mentally and physically better. I had lost 45 lbs and about 30 inches by November ar December I'm not sure. Anyway I started picking at food that I shouldn't have. I wasn't gaining weight, but I wasn't losing either. It wasn't long before I was back to my old ways . I would go back on it a couple of days and then slip back. I couldn't stay focused. I think that things going on in the family ( I have 2 teenage girls) was throwing me. I'm using these things in past tense and I should being using them in the present tense.

So here I am trying to get focused. I want to get back on the right track. I know this is what is going to work for me. I've only gained a couple lbs.

I'm looking forward to talking to other people that are in the same boat or have been in the same boat. Thanks, Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 21:01

Plan: MD/SC
Stats: 220/184/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Dear Lisa:

I just wanted to welcome you and say hi. I understand you desire to stay focused, because that's what I need to. I myself fell of the wagon this past month, for valid reasons though, but still.
You are welcome to come visit my journal. I havn't posted there for a while, but am goign to update it tonight.

Best wishes

Emma
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/157/115 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome, Lisa! This is a great place to get support.

(another) Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 10:56
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome to the forum Lisa! Best of luck to you
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/135/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:

Lisa this forum will help you with all types of issues not just dieting. Welcome and much success. Tina
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 13:23

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Lisa, there is a lot of good advice and support here, Glad to have you around!
pati
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:16

Plan: low carbs and low GI inde
Stats: 225/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:?Don't Wanna Know!
Progress: 67%

Your post really touched me! I'm new to this site and am really enjoying it!

I am the mother of 2 daughters. They are 11 and 15 years old. I run almost every night. I used to sit and wait on them when it was gonna be less than an hour. Now I may look like an idiot but I walk - even if it is circles in the same parking lot!

Keep your chin up! I know what you mean about keeping the baby weight on too! I have had 2 vertical cut c-sections and thought I would never see a size that didn't start with a 2 first again! Not only that I thought my stomach was destined to be jelly forever. It's just not nice for them to cut all your muscles like that!

Since Jan 04 I have lost 30 pounds and am down 3 pants sizes! I got tired of stealing my overweight teenage daughter's jeans (bell bottoms - yuck!) and finally decided I was gonna keep the weight off and went and bought myself 3 pair of pants. Now we need to go shopping for her soon too! She is following my lead and has dropped a few pounds too!!!!

Hopefully - next month I'll buy 3 more pair a smaller size for each of us!

I had set a realistic (I thought it was impossible then) goal in January to be down to a 14 by the time my husband and I went to Canada on vacation in August. That was the size I graduated from high school and thought I would never see again! Guess what I'm a 16 now. I know it's a very reachable goal and I will do it!

If I can do it anyone can! I'm cheering for you! Good Luck!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 13:10
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Hi Lisa. I just joined today, and I'm in your neighboring state of Tennessee. I have 3 teenage sons. I just wanted to say hi and good luck!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 13:17
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Hi Lisa and welcome. This is a great place to find friends to help keep you motivated. Best of luck--you'll make it!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 19:48

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hey Lisa,

Keep your chin up. You can to it, you know it. Stay focused and don't let anything distract you from getting healthy.

PS I might have shown your the forum. But you showed me this new way of life. I never said thank you but I really am grateful. If was seeing you and believing that I could do it to. Thank you.

Deana