Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 00:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.3/187.3/143.3 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Flaxseed Oil = Headache

Hi, I went to my chemist today to get some Flaxseed Oil (Nature's Way) to help with bowel movements (not happening, am currently on Induction). Funny thing I took the first two capsules after lunchtime and I have had a constant headache ever since (luchtime being 2 hours a go). Anybody experience headaches when they first starting taking them? or any other side effects for that matter? I also purchased some GNC Psyllium capsules (500gm) I have taken one and nothing has happened.....should I take two? I thought it would be safer to wait until bedtime and take the two but then again I need to go!! How soon does it start working? Silly questions but an answer will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 19:58

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

When I first started LC I didn't get enough veggies and had problems with constipation too....my advice? get some Milk of Magnesia (MOM) and take an ounce of it. If you don't go within 6-8 hrs, you might want to try another 1/2 dose....but be careful since it can work too well.

Taking flax, psyllium, etc is great....but you need to make sure you drink a lot of fluids with it or they can cause their own problems.

Try taking MOM and add some more veggies to your meals.

oh yea....I've never noticed a problem with headaches from flax....but maybe it's an allergy for you?

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 20:31

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Constipation and headaches go together.Once you go, so will your headache.