Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 10:45

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power Plan
Stats: 282/245/160 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes!
Progress: 30%
Question Low Carb bread OK/Sugar Free candy

Question! I just found a low carb bread that is 3 carbs per slice. It is made by "Food for Life".. It is $1.50 cheaper then the ATKINS bread.. BUT.. My question is.. Is it ok to eat it on Induction! I know it says not to eat bread, but is it ok to eat LOW CARB bread during induction?
I am not a big Sausage/Bacon person but i've been eating them for breakfast along with eggs in various forms. I would LOVE to make french toast, or even have the toast by itself..

I stocked up on this bread because in my area, if you dont stock up when you see a low-carb item in stock, you wont see it again for MANY weeks! I bought 6 packs

By the way, I tried the Atkins Strawberry shake for the first time yesterday.. Lets just say, it was my first AND my last ! !

Before I forget.. I purchased Sugar Free Reeses, Sugar Free Caramels, Sugar Free Turtles and Sugar Free Creme Savers..
Are these ok:
1) Sugar Free Reeses....total carbs: 23g... dietary fiber..1g
Lactitol 19g..... it states: "Lactitol (a sugar sub) is a slowly metabolized carb that generally causes only a small rise in blood glucose levels" Under dietary exchanges it says "1 carb, 2fat" . How do they come to 1 carb for these? Subtract the Lactitol???

2) Sugar Free Creme Savers.............Total Carbs:13g....Sugar Alcohol...13g.. Do you subtract the Sugar Alcohol to make this item a 0 carb item???

3) Sugar Free Nips Caramels....Total carbs: 9g...Sugar Alcohols: 9g... States: 0 Sugar Carbs, 0 Impact Carbs... Is this ok?

4) Sugar Free Turtles.......Total Carbs: 18 g...Dietary Fiber: <1.....Sugar Alcohol 15g.. Making this 3 carbs?

I fould WalMart has the BEST selection of sugar free "sweets" at a GOOD price.. I know these arent allows on Induction, the packages havent been opened (they're hitting the freezer!). Just want to make sure the "Lactitol" is an OK thing to have..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:09

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Hi

No I wouldn't use any of those on induction, you can introduce them later but for the first 2 weeks stick to the plan: no fake foods.
Otherwise you may not get in ketosis