Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:15

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%
Question Protein Shake Question

Ok, I just tried EAS Carb Sense French Vanilla shake and although I managed to get it all down it wasn't easy..took an hour actually...

My question is are there any out there that don't taste like a cross between baby formula and mylanta?

I am trying to up my protein and really need eat more for BFL !!

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Jen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 232/164/170 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 110%
Default have you tried...

Hi Jen -
I also find the shakes gross but have you tried altering them a bit? I'm not sure if you're eating them while you're on the run, but I put mine in the blender with ice and a handful of frozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, whatever the grocery store has that day). You are only adding a very small number of carbs (in fact with blackberries, a VERY small number of carbs) but your food no longer tastes like it could be used to repair holes in plaster walls.. I've also added cocoa powder and a little splenda to the vanilla shakes - making your own chocolate shake tastes a lot better than the fake stuff
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:39

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

jen, berries are a great idea. So is adding some cream to thinken things up and make them more palatable. I found using decaf coffee as a base, or throwing in a tsp of decaf crystals made vanilla mylanta taste like a cold mocachino from Starbucks.

HTH
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:40

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%

Today, I just grabbed one a took it to work with me but I will try your ideas and add something to them...why does everything so good have to taste bad...LOL The protein bars are even worse...yuck !!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 14:35

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

I buy carb solutions chocolate and vanilla. There cheap and although its not a shake from mickey dees its not that bad.
Laurie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 14:39

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%

I use Just Whey protien powder and add 1/4C yogurt, 1/4C cottage cheese, splash of cream, splash of water, 2tbsp milled flax and one of the following: couple berries, dash of sf cocoa, splash of sf syrup, tbsp peanut butter, etc. I love it!