Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 04:58

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Thursday Dec 11

Welcome to Protein Power Pals. We welcome everyone who is using, considering or curious about the Protein Power WOE to join in.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 06:26

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

You're up early, Orang!

Sorry I was missing in action, but it has been sooooo busy at work lately. I've had to work in the office every day this week, so I'm up at 4:00 am and often don't get home until around 7:00 at night. Most days I'm not even taking a lunch break (except for Wednesdays, since I would NEVER miss a manicure appointment!).

Well, I did it. I finally broke down and made an appointment with a new hair stylist at a different salon. I've been going to the same lady for almost 10 years now, and she thinks she knows me so well she doesn't really listen when I say I want a change. Last month when I was in, I said I wanted an "edgy" look, that I wanted to move a little out of my comfort zone. So, she said she would leave the back a little longer to get that "edgy" look. Ummmmm. No. She just doesn't get it.

Also, lately she's been cutting it unevenly. As you can see from my pic, I keep it fairly short and have "sideburns." One is ALWAYS longer than the other, and cut differently.

Trouble is, as all you ladies know, it's so hard to leave a hairdresser and try someone else. You feel like you're cheating on your husband!

But I did it. I made an appointment at a progressive salon in the "trendy" part of town. I explained my situation and asked if I could schedule extra time. So, for a simple haircut, she scheduled an hour and 15 minutes! I plan on taking some pictures of me to the appointment to say what I like and don't like about certain styles. I also found that on the Ladies Home Journal website (I mentioned this before) that you can upload a picture of yourself and try on different styles. I also found another site that has the same thing. It costs $14.95, but there are loads and loads of styles.

Me, me, me.

How is everyone else doing? I've been quickly scanning, but haven't had time for much else. I shouldn't even be taking time now.

I'll try to catch up more this weekend. See ya!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 07:22

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

G'morning!!

Sorry I have been a bit scarce lately!

Bawdy, I know exactly what you mean about hairdressers. I have had to do that more times that I care to count! I am very picky, especially since I also highlight, and boy can that get botched up!! I have heard that if you go to the same person for a long time, they just get too used to seeing you the way you are. I hope it works out for you!

I bought some SF mints last nite. 1 carb per 5 mints (Russell Stover French Mints - Low Carb). They are very rich so I know I won't pig on them. I try to limit these types of foods anyways.

Does anyone know where I can find a good low-carb yogurt??

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:03

Ok another one from me already

I am following Protein Power......but, it also seems like even though I did not start with Atkins or induction, that I am following the food principles of the Atkins plan than the PP plan. I weigh 246, my daily caloric intake is about 2000, and that is broken down to an average of 70-75 percent fat, 20-25 percent protein, and 5 percent carbs, give or take. Protein Power advocates a more moderate fat intake, but I can never seem to get below about 60 percent. When I have posted my menus before, everyone has told me it sounds more like Atkins than PP.

I am reading up on Atkins now. I may end up doing a hybrid of the two. But I at least want to be fully educated on the plan.

I have been losing consistently, so I guess what I am doing must work!!

Does anyone else end up mixing plans together? Should I just follow one or the other for now?

Robin
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:20

BF:

Robin
Several are using hybrid plans - the important things are that you are getting adequate protein, staying healthy and it is working.

Robin, be careful with the mints - I've heard them referred to as "Gastic Thunder' by those who ate too many.

Bawdy
You're cheating on your hairdresser!!!
I have changed my hairdressers a lot also. I have tons of hair and more cow-licks than Shelley's calves - my mane isn't easy to style. It's hard to find a good stylist who will listen. my favorite hairdresser was a gay fellow that moved off to a more hospitable state with his 'husband' so they could adopt a child. I found another good one and her husband got transfered to another city. Right now I'm between good hairdressers.

Ellie
Please let us know you are OK -- I'm getting worried about you.

More Later.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:24

Gastic Thunder??? What is that?? Sounds scary

Robin
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:34

BF:

Sorry to scare you Robin -- "Gastic Thunder" refers to loud rumbling and sometimes diarrhea experienced after consuming too much of whatever they use to sweeten some sf candies. I think Rob and Ellie are the experts on this -- hope one or both will comment on this. I never eat sf candies so I don't have first-hand knowledge of why they call it that.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 09:44

BF:

Breakfast -
omelet - 4 egg beaters, 2 oz lean ham, 1 oz cheddar
12 oz coffee
drink - 4 oz sf gelatine, .75 TBS sf pysillum hulks

snack -
1 cup cottage cheese

Lunch -
1 can of tuna with tbs french onion dip

snack -
1 scoop protein powder

Dinner -
8 oz pork chops
1 cup LC oriental style veggies w/ 1 tsp butter
1/2 cup beets

Total Calories: 1430
Fat: 51 gms 462 cal 34%
Sat: 19 gms 173 cal 13%
Poly: 9 gms 80 cal 6%
Mono: 19 gms 167 cal 12%
Carbs: 36 gms 112 cal 8% ECC 28 gms
Fiber: 8 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 198 gms 793 cal 58%

Water: 100 oz
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:05

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hey guys, I am in training today at work so I won't be able to catch up until tonight.Just wanted to jump on and say Hi.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Well today I'm just about right...Felt & looked SO bad, they sent me home from work..don't feel bad enough to staay offline

As for the SF candy, my favorite comment is: " that wasn't thunder... the neighbor had a carbolite bar!" for me, les than half of a carblite bar is ok, a whole one borders on what a health food store would call "Cleansing" (make sure you have LOTS of toilet paper available)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:42

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, sorry I have been MIA. Busy is an understatement, work has been insane. I have been eating well but some days are probably too high in the calorie department while others are low. Guess it all balances out

Robin - Yes, SF candies give me "gastric thunder" just as Orang said. If you have not had them before I strongly suggest you try them in the privacy of your own home Strange thing is that some of sugar alcohols I can handle and others I can't. The SF candy is the worst so I avoid it, have been "clean" for about 2.5 months I eat SF ice cream and cereal and have no problems with those.

I got to run. A big to everyone!

PS...bawdy.....what is the hair style website? I think I need a new Do as well
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 17:35

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey there!

Robin, i too must confess of a great weakness of the sf chocolates, (Made my stomach so noisey I was glad that I was at home and not at a school function or church!) And they can work as a great laxative! I love the Rs dark chocolate mint patties and lucky for me they do not affect me to bad, the worse culprit in my experiences have been the chocolate twist or the Sf Reecess!!!

I do not know why I have had such a tough week, Well I guess it might be anxious stress, our daughter has just informed us that she is 3 months along and their March wedding is going to be 2 weeks from now!I just wish that there is something I could do to tame my stress without wanting to eat us out of house and home!

I did not go over 1200 cals today, so I am trying to regain control, Just so darned mad at myself for feeling like this!!

Bw, you took the first step toward your new look! You will have to get a new picture downloaded once you get it done! GOOD LUCK! It is SO hard to find a good one! I have two, a back up one 1 1/2 hrs away or my fave which is 3 1/2 hrs away!

Well I have to go, DH just took some awsome pics tonight and is dieing to put them on!

Orang , hope that you are healing up,Rob, Get well soon!

HELLO to Elaine,Ellie,Robin,Marnie,Patchlady,Wendy and everyone else!!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 18:52

Ok I getya on gastric thunder I will have to watch for this But, the DaVinci syrups don't do that to me.....at least I don't think so!!

I just ordered more syrups and some LC granola and oatmeal (low carb success stuff). Anyone tried them?

Robin
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 21:21

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Robin!
Yes i love the hot cereals! the flax ones vanilla almond, and butter pecan! Also the chocolate side of me can go for the (I forget the name) it is like a cream of wheat-malto meal consistancy, In chocolate and various flavors, it took some getting usto the keto oatmeal though ( the jury is STILL out on that one!) Orang??????

I have never had a problem with the syrups either, the davinci ones that I have tried have been pretty good, hazelnut,chocolate,Kulu'i Cafe to name a few!

Ellie, Good to see you post! (We were ready to send the Yeti out for an Ellie-search!)

Have a good evening everyone!