Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:02

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool ok ladies..last few questions

I've been reading these forums for hours and hours the last few days.
here's a few things I want to get straight

1- eat the CM under 20 minutes? I think I read that somewhere, but not sure

2-the 15 minute coffee rule is only during the RM? And you're only allowed one cup w/ cream or milk. And does it matter if it's cream or milk?

3- when eating your CM, can you have as much as want of lc veggies and/or protien? Or are you supose to limit those too?

4- no one talks about working out. Are you working out?
And if people are lifting weights, how the heck do you do it without carbs?

5- what's the deal with cheeses? Is there a specific limit to them per meal, per day, etc?
my hubby liked atkins so much because he ate tons of cheese and lost weight. He just made omlettes with a river of cheese comingout of them. sigh

6- and what's the goal for carb counts per meal? Not that we're supose to count, i know, but i'm wondering...being an atkins convert

7- are there any rules as to how late you can eat? I'm a late eater ussually.

I think that's all of it thank you guys!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:12
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

[QUOTE=Sparker34]I've been reading these forums for hours and hours the last few days.
here's a few things I want to get straight

1- eat the CM under 20 minutes? I think I read that somewhere, but not sure

---I'm not aware of any time limit on CM.

2-the 15 minute coffee rule is only during the RM? And you're only allowed one cup w/ cream or milk. And does it matter if it's cream or milk?

The 15-minute rule applies to OUTSIDE RM. You are allowed unlimited black coffee or plain tea, but if you add milk or cream you get it ONE time, and must finish within the 15 minutes. At RM, you can have whatever you wish to drink with your balanced RM, figuring it in your carb alloment if appropriate, as long as you finish it under the one hour limit.

3- when eating your CM, can you have as much as want of lc veggies and/or protien? Or are you supose to limit those too?

Eat until satisfied of the allowed foods. The book specifies "average portions"... but sometimes I'm a bit hungrier, and it's been okay.

4- no one talks about working out. Are you working out?
And if people are lifting weights, how the heck do you do it without carbs?

5- what's the deal with cheeses? Is there a specific limit to them per meal, per day, etc?
my hubby liked atkins so much because he ate tons of cheese and lost weight. He just made omlettes with a river of cheese comingout of them. sigh

Again, "average portions". I eat cheese in my omelettes, on my salad, etc. without ill effect. Moderation in all things is really the key, IMO.

6- and what's the goal for carb counts per meal? Not that we're supose to count, i know, but i'm wondering...being an atkins convert

You don't count, but the rule of thumb is foods you eat should be under 4 grams of carbs per average serving. (Total carbs, fiber isn't subtracted on this plan, nor are sugar alcohols)

7- are there any rules as to how late you can eat? I'm a late eater ussually.

nope!

HTH,
Barb
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 14:33

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hi Sparker--I work out (cardio and weights).. I've always done my workout first thing in the morning--before I eat anything (but AFTER black coffee).. It doesn't bother me at all, on an empty stomach, but I guess there are some who might need to eat first.. Don't know if it's right or wrong--just know that it works for me. I have to get the workout in first thing, or I won't get it done that day..
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 16:11

BF:

so if you can have cheese as a snack, how come you can only have cream in your coffee once?

I went to the bookstore and got the "30 day carb addicts menu plan" and now i'm even more confused. For snacks there are nuts listed, there are fruit at 2 out of 3 meals, and here I was thinking the carbs are supose to be saved for the reward meal. Ugh...confusing.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 18:04

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Sparker--Was that book written by the Hellers? Just wondering. It doesn't sound like their plan...
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 18:49
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You can't have cheese for a snack, no snacks unless youa re following one of the plans that allows for 1-2 snacks a day. That snack you have a small portion of protien.

Start with the entry plan for 2 weeks, 2 CM meals a day and 1 RM with no snacking at all, then it tells you what plan to follow after that based on if you've lost or not and what your further goals are.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 19:10

BF:

oops...the cover has a couple on it..same hair cuts and color as the hellers, but it's a scam they're differnt low carb docs!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 19:15

BF:

Hi ladybelle,
I got the calp book...i've been skimming it tonight and I don't see any option for 4 meals a day, which I've been reading on here is an option. I read the how to do it part, but skimmed everything after..so i eather didn't see the part that tells you what plan to follow after the 2 weeks, but that could be because i just didn't see it. maybe I'll order the CAD book just incase
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 22:07
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

After what two weeks?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 10:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have the CAD book not the CALP so that may be the difference. In CAD they have an entry plan, then plans A-D. It has you start with the entry plan then based on what you've lost or not during that week (sorry it's the past week not a full 2 weeks) it tells you what plan to follow for the next week.

Looking I guess there isn't a plan with 2 snacks. Plan A allows for 1 complimentary snack.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 10:46

BF:

darn, I wish i found the cad book in the store. BUt I wonder why they would change that? Well if you have any idea where to find that outline anywhere, please let me know. I've always read and known for myself that my body responds better when I eat more smaller meals than 2 or 3 large ones. Frankly, I can't for the life of me understand how these 2 doctors can say it's ok not to eat breakfast, or just have coffee. Any excersice guru or nutritial expert will always say have at least something for breakfast to start your matabolist, right?
Anyway, I'm having breakfast right now
greens, cabbage and rotissiry (sp?) chicken.