Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 21:22

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Kiwi rollcall

Just wondering how many Kiwis we have frequenting these forums of late. I've been here for a year and a half but all my Kiwi buddies have fallen by the wayside...who else wants to play???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192.5/169/145 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 49%

I would like to....if you'll have me. I apologise, and you know what for. What I said was wrong, I'm sorry.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 01:02

BF:

aww kiesha thanx for that - shouldn't have got my nose outa joint so easily...nuff said.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 00:37

Stats: 199/190/173 Male 5ft 10inch
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Kiwi me

Hi I will as well, im just about finished my 2nd week of in duction and must say this getting easier.

The more help the better
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 15:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime
Hi I will as well, im just about finished my 2nd week of in duction and must say this getting easier.

The more help the better

hi showtime and congrats at getting through the first two weeks. when you have time it helps to start a journal on this forum to keep track of your progress. journals are also a great way to give and receive support. (or if you're like me...just an excuse to talk to yourself... )
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 13:23

BF:
Default Journel?

HI again, Yes my last day of induction is sunday!!!!! and ive lost 6lb so far which im really happy with. on your stats it says you are doing atkins(kind of) what do you mean by kind of, and as far as the journel goes how do you do it....sorry am new to this.

Also i dont know about you but i cant find LC foods in NZ like they get in the states, ie atkins bars bread etc etc , do you of any go places to try.

anyway thanks for your time and have a good weekend
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 17:18

BF:

hi showtime

when i say "kinda atkins" it's because i understand there are 3 - 4 parts of the atkins diet starting with induction and moving right up through OWL and maintenance. that said when i'm on the wagon i've never moved past induction level carbs though at times they're up a bit.

but basically it's the atkins principles i follow. secondly...i haven't read atkins or ANY low carb books actually. i've learned everything i know off the internet and through asking other members of this site.

so how to start a journal...if you go here it explains it all: how to start a journal

as for the frankenfoods (atkins bars etc...) i use to be frustrated that we didn't have access to a lot of the foods the americans could get but it turns out that those foods although low carb seem to cause a lot of problems with stalls and people not losing weight so we're missing nothing really.

i've found that just by reading labels carefully we in NZ have a great variety of low carb foods even though they're not touted as such. basically i try and stick to any meats and eat a lot of ham and bacon even though our butchers pump it full of sugar, i eat as much eggs as i like and salad vegetables and green leafy vegetables.

i drink my coffee w/cream and if i have to drink alcohol i drink dry white wine. oh and lots of water...at least 3 litres a day.

if you like chocolate they sell the daryl lea stuff at shell shops for about 3.50 each. i've found philidelphia cream cheese to be a good brand for low carbs if you like cheese. our weight watchers jellies have pretty much zilch carbs in them too.

but generally my advice to anyone is to stick with meat, eggs and vegies and keep it as natural as possible.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 23:06

BF:
Default Thanks

Thats much appreciated, i must have a look at the shell shops for that choc its sounds good. i am now past the induction but am going to stick as much as possible to 20 carbs a day so i dont run into troubles, ive been drinking spirts on occasion as they have 0 carbs with diet caffine free coke. im like you i have decaff with cream and lots of steak eggs mushrooms and aspargrass, w/w jelly and cream and the occasional small amount of peanuts.

Ans about those atkins bars etc you would think being made by them they would be true to label!

anyway
thanks again

showtime
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 01:06

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default showtime?

I don't know where you live in N.Z. But i have seen the Atkins products at the New World supermarket in Ponsonby,Auckland.
I confess to not buying any..as i thought the prices a little steep.Instead i have trawled through heaps of "low carb" recipe sites and found a variety of recipes for protein bars and other goodies...that way, when the sweet tooth strikes i can have a safe treat {and cheaper!}
You can also purchase the Da Vinci sugar free syrups {if anyone is interested}at the Coffee Creation shop at Glenfield Mall on the North Shore.
Hope this helps.
Kiwigal
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 03:51

BF:
Default Location

Thanks for that but i live in nelson and theres not much here to choose from! might have to resort to the net.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 04:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins new diet revoluti
Stats: 292.6/250/130 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default hi all

thought i would come and say hi i am from dunedin and doing LC for about four weeks