Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/191/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default I'm gettin bored with breakfast! Help!!!

I have been eating eggs, eggs an eggs for breakfast. I have also had turkey breast with cheese rolled up in it, turkey with cream cheese. I have looked at the recipes for breakfast, but don't see anything that is easy for morning preparation before work. What do you guys usually have? Please give me some ideas.
Thanks,Shannon in venus
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:38

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Cheesecake is really good for breakfast. Fast and easy, and very tasty.

Also, make up a number of Mock Danish, maybe several flavors, and have them in the fridge for a breakfast on the fly.

And, this might be the place for a low carb bar, if you really don't want to cook ahead, and don't have the time to prepare food. I would never do it, but it would be better than eating carbs, and give you lots of long distance fuel.

Oh, yeah! One day when I had to leave real early for a wrestling tournament, I had a slice of meatza from the reefer. It was really good, and very satisfying. Like having left over pizza for breakfast!

Check out the recipe threads. There are a thousand interesting ways to fix eggs with lots of variation, and there is no doubt that eggs are one of the very best foods for us.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 12:44
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Make quiches on the weekend and freeze them in induividual size servings.

After induciton there are tons of LC pancake type recipes, along with muffins and so on.

One thing to rememebr htough is you don't have to have the traditional breakfast foods. Grab some left overs form the night before. Have some snacks such as bacon wrapped scallops sitting in the fridge. Eat a salad with meat mixed in (always have protien with your carbs). Get creative with the omleetes on days you do have egs. They are quick and easy

Feta cheese and smoked salmon omlette
Mayo and spinach omlette
Greek omlette with goat cheese (or feta) and olives
mexican omlette with peppers, mexican cheeses, and salsa.

Make zucchini hash browns the night before and have them pressing undersomething healy to remove moisture. The next morning fry them up really fast.

There is a whole section of recipes for breakfast ideas. Browse through them
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 13:32
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Are you still in Induction?

If so, best to stick with the eggs or have other legal foods like leftovers from dinner, etc.

If you are past Induction, you can try things like shakes (premade) or make your own, using whey protein powder. I couldn't stomach eggs after Induction and started having a shake every morning with a SMALL amount of berries, 1/2 cup plain full fat yogurt and 1 scoop of Designer Whey powder blended with ice.

If you don't want to use the yogurt, you can also make the shake with some heavy cream.

It's good.

Also when you're super sick of eggs, adding some salsa or cheese can help, or make a creative omlette.

K.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 15:31

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%

Cottage cheese. I like it with berries or tomatoes. Or try SF DaVincis syrups. It is less carbs than yogurt and if you blend it you have a shake.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Go over to the Kitchen section, look in the Breakfast area, and make a decision to try ONE new recipe a week. They have things like "fried rice", (yumm), and something for breakfast that tastes like pumpkin pie! Lots of great ideas, there for the grabbing.