Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 11:41

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Don't want to get discouraged

Hi all,
Glad to see this forum is still up and running (thought they might have nuked it ).

I've been back on GO for about a month and I've been doing really well, diet-wise. My carb cravings are almost completely gone and I'm feeling the energy that I remember when I first started low-carbing. I've been trying to eat a lot of yogurt, fiber, and good fats in my diet per the GO recommendations and I've been eating about 35-40 carbs a day. I've also been exercising every day (abs 25 minutes, walking 30 minutes, some arm exercises with free weights). I've been drinking plenty of water.

My problem? I've not only not been losing weight I've gained inches! I don't weigh myself on a scale (don't even own one anymore ) but I do measure myself as a way to keep track. I've gained 1 inch in the hips and 1/2 inch in the bust since doing GO. Needless to say, I'm a little discouraged because I KNOW I've been doing great and I feel less bloated all around (but maybe this is just wishful thinking???).

I can't think of anything that might be the cause of the gain (like PMS). I have been sick with a pretty bad cold the last few days and I've resorted to taking a nasal decongestant (Sudafed and the like) in the evenings just because I couldn't fall asleep with an entirely stuffed up nose. Might that be the reason for the inch gain?

I'm just fishing for some encouragement to continue on, I guess. Although the carb craving cut is worth everything to me (since I'm a binge eater) but I'd like to see some weight loss along with that.

Thanks for listening,
Tam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:10

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi Tammay

Weird about the new inches. Hmmmm...

Is the exercise new or have you been doing that for some time. I know for sure that it can add weight (muscle heavier and all that) but it MIGHT reshape your body and add an inch where there wasn't one by increasing the size of a particular muscle. Just guessing of course. To me the feeling healthy is incredibly important and the weight loss is always slow. Hope you will give it some more time. Keep in touch here anytime. Not sure why I haven't been getting the email notification...gotta go check profile.

Jo