Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 02:10

Plan: adkins
Stats: 235/225/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Question Please share what you ate during your induction faze.

Hello everyone. I just started and my friend is bringing me a book to read next Wednessday. I ordered mine but it takes a while.

I just wanted to know what everyone ate during your induction faze. Today I did alright.

For breakfast: 2 fried eggs, and 4 pieces of bacon.

snack: lots and lots and lots of WATER

For Lunch: Large toss salad w/ ranch dressing, and pork and long squash. (Homemade soup).

snack: again lots & lots & lots of WATER!!!!!!

For Dinner: I had smoked salmon, poke (I am from Hawaii and we love it here it is raw fish) and 3 hotdogs.

I hope there is other things I can eat. I really don't miss the rice, noodles and bread. I really miss the fruit.

******Please share what you eat on a daily bases.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 05:16

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Hi Kaohi and welcome to the site. If you haven't had a chance to read the book yet and your friend hasn't had an opportunity to loan you theirs, then follow this link and read things that will really help you.

http://atkins.com/howto/phase1.html

You can have beef, fish, poultry, and pork along with at least three cups of veggies every day. There are a lot of veggies to choose from and some fruits like avacadoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. You also need to get some fat in your menu. Olive oil, sesame oil, grape seed oil, real butter (no margarine because of transfats), cheese (limit to 3 to 4 ounces per day and no cottage cheese, farmers cheese or other fresh cheeses), eggs, real mayonnaise, etc. Watch the commercial dressings since a lot of them have lots and lots of sugar in them, so read the label and choose one that has no more than 2 carbs per serving. Most of your 20 carbs per day should be coming from veggies.

Another thing that will help you on your way is to go to www.fitday.com and open a free account to track your progress. You can log in your daily food, exercise, goals, nutrients and so on. Wonderful site and very helpful.

There is a lot of variety in Atkins and I find myself experimenting with veggies I've never eaten before. And I also find myself eating more veggies than I have EVER eaten before and we always had a huge garden.

Atkins does state 2 cups of salad veggies + 1 cup of other veggies from his two induction lists, but a lot of us eat WAY more than 2 cups of salad per day - the salad greens are so low in carbs that it takes a BUNCH of salad to make up 20 carbs.

Good luck and keep asking questions. There's always someone around willing to answer them and help you on the way.

shortstuff
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 12:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Kaohi. If you're curious about what people ate during induction, browse the Atkins forum, and follow the link at the bottom of posts. Most people with journals record their menus.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 23:03

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Of the veggies I ate romaine lettuce, cucumbers, zuchini and spaghetti squash, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower,red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers,orange peppers, mushrooms.

Meat and dairy: lamb, beef, pork, chicken, fish, cheese, cream or half and half, eggs

This is my basic menu. I lost 9 lbs on 2 weeks of induction.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

3 Hot dogs??? I'd be watching that, lots of salt. I don't think I've had three hot dogs in the last 11 1/2 months I've been doing Atkins, You may be better off picking a better source of protien, lots of good guidelines are given in the above posts.
Good Luck Kathy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-03, 16:18

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

During induction and on OWL I have relied on chicken salad, tuna salad, and egg salad for lunch. I make the latter two fairly plain (just mixed with mayo) but I often add curry powder and toasted almonds to the chicken salad.

I like flank steak and I sometimes stir fry it with broccoli.

And those who read my journal know I enjoy ground beef, whether in patties with low carb ketchup, or made into chili with green peppers, a few pices of tomato and onions, and lots of spices, then mixed with a T. of sour cream.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 20:58

Stats: 13.0/12.7/10.0 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Quest, your chille sounds declicious will try. I'm from the Uk and a quick 'shepherds pie' is easy by using minced meat (ground?) with a little onion, spice top with boiled cauliflower, leave in florets or mash like potatoe(i know it sounds uck but it's OK, promise) then top with a couple ozs grated (shredded?) cheese. Pop into a hot oven and serve with salad - mmmmmmmmmmm - just like my mum used to make. Love the receipes on this site, any more? Fifi