Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 14:25

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 270/232/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:Yes, unfortunately
Progress: 32%
Default Home Bistro Low Carb Meals

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share something I found on line - Home Bistro Low Carb meals. Their website is located at www.thehomebistro.com They have either regular or low carb options. Everything looks good and supposedly taste wonderful. They are a bit pricey, but as I've found, lot's of things that are worthwhile are a bit more expensive. They could be an occasional option for keeping in the freezer for those days (and we all know about this ) where cooking is the last thing we want to do.

I'm currently trying to see if they deliver in Canada. They apparently package everything in dry ice for shipping, and you can FedEx so they arrive quicker.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know about this low carb find. Also, if anyone has tried them, let me know. On another site, they were reviewed and are apparently wonderful.

TTFN,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 22:50
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default cool

I checked this out...that is cool that someone has gotten into the low carb market. Yes a little pricey for me but.....maybe someday low carb meals will be available in your grocer's freezer right next to all those low fat weight watchers meals...yuck. Maybe even in 2 styles induction and OWL

Thanks for the link I saved it as a favorite..for future referance

Bye YA
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 02:37

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Wow, these are really amazing. This one made my mouth water!

Grilled Chicken Satay

Net Wt. 17.0 oz $9.95

Grilled boneless chicken breast in a silky satay (peanut) sauce flavored with soy sauce, white wine and garlic, served with pureed cauliflower Parmesan (even better than mashed potatoes) and sugar snap peas & carrots accented with butter and lime juice. Just 13g Net Carbs

It also says on the website, "More varieties coming soon! Induction meals too!" Fun stuff. I'm sure it would be cheaper if they distributed to your local store. Here's hoping!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 00:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/249/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I've tried Home Bistro

before, but it was before I was LC'ing. Their catalog (at least the one I got) didn't have any low carb meals in it.

The meals are interesting. They're pricey, and they're all boil in the bag meals. I've never yet (until Home Bistro) BOILED a filet mignon. But they're not bad. Probably overpriced for the quality, but not that bad at all.

I'm going to try the low carb menu and I'll let you know. I can't afford to eat them a lot, but I can do it occasionally--maybe I'll slip one in on my husband and see if he notices!

Thanks for the tip!

Jill
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

So these are getting bigger (more variety) and better?

Anybody tried them lately and want to provide a review?