Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 16:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/165/150
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Diet Suggestions from unqualified sources

I had my first experience with someone trying to tell me what the "best" diet is yesterday... I've lost 20 pounds so far on the Atkins LC plan, I'm looking better and though I've got 35 more pounds to go, I think I'm doing pretty good.

My SIL tried to tell me that too much protein is bad for you... That a diet of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables is ideal. I came home and laughed my booty off. Why? 1) I did the whole oat bran/low fat thing in the 80's and it didn't do a thing for me except make me gain weight 2) like she - a person who is 3X my size - should be giving out weight loss/diet advice!

I know I'm not the only one who has had this kind of experience.

What did you say to the person who tells you that, in essence, you are wrong for using a LC diet plan?

I didn't have any snappy comebacks at the time. My DH came up with some, but they weren't very nice.
I just told her that different people have different needs and that I'm just doing what works for me.

BTW, she's convinced that all my mom's health problems come from the evils of diet Coke and aspertame.
AND, she gave my other SIL a similar line of bull about being on Well 4 Life.

Thanks for reading my novel. Any snappy comebacks for future use will be very appreciated.

Dece
Sponsored Links