Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 18:00
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Cool July 4th weekend- 12 week challenge

It's 12 weeks until July 4th here in the USA--- It's a big summer holiday here. I want to be at least 10 pounds lighter by then. I still haven't braved wearing sleeveless shirts.
Who wants to join me for a 12 week challenge to lose 10 or more pounds?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 18:01
Living LaVita LoCarb

Did I mention that is 1/2 way through the year mark also. If I lose 10 pounds by then I will be 1/2 way to my 2004 goal to lose 50 pounds.
I'm anxiously waiting for anyone to join me.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 21:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Thumbs up Count Me In!!!

That sounds like a goal I can handle. I really like those mini goals - I want to donate thirty pounds by then. Considering my weight at this time, that is very feasible, the first few should not be too hard.

Talk about having a cool July 4th BarBQ that's worth it!!!! Having weight loss to celebrate and BarbQd rips sounds great to me! I hope you guys get a ton more responses!!!

Charlie Girl
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 22:06
Living LaVita LoCarb

That's cool, 40 pounds sounds like a lot, but I've seen some people lose 40 in 3 months... wish I could do that, but so far my best is 22 pounds in 15 weeks from Dec 16th to March 30th.
Then I went on vacation and don't know what the scale will show on my official weigh in Tuesday night.
I didn't do so good on vacation, but I didn't do bad either.
I'll be happy if I maintained and I'll start again from there.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 22:45

Plan: Atkins, LCHF
Stats: 253/237/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Cheryl and Charleez,

Hmmmm...well I don't have a scale at home. I had to get rid of it because I was being obsessive. The last time I saw my DR I was weighing 220 but last week I went to my parents house and weighed 213 and then just yesterday I weighed again at their house and was 210.

I would like to join...I guess I could go with the 210 on mom's scale and weigh in again at her house from time to time. It will give me a good reason to go over and visit. Lose 10 lbs by 4th of July that would get me into Onederland...sure thing! I am up for the challenge.

However, being that my birthday is just this Wednesday...I will be cheating. Just so that I won't be feeling guilty...you all will know that day is a sacred cheat day! LMAO I am in with you guys and whoever else might follow behind.

Hugs & Smiles
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 11:09
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

count me in Cheryl! Maybe if I am in 2 challenges it will keep me motivated and accountable I would love to be at 150 by the 4th of July. 15 lbs in 12 weeks !!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 12:12
LOVING SUMMER

Plan: COUNTING THOSE CARBS
Stats: 188/140/125 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hi Cheryl I posted earlier that I wanted to join and now my post is MIA? Hmm Anyway I want to join! I would love to be at 150 by the 4th of July. That would be 15 lbs in 12 weeks. Maybe 2 callenges will keep me accountable and motivated! Good luck everyone!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 12:22

Stats: 230/194/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hello, Cheryl,
Count me in on this 4th July Challenge, too!! Matter of fact, one of my mini-goals is to weigh 180 by 4th July. What day will be weigh in day? Best of Luck to all that joins!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 17:53
Living LaVita LoCarb

Weigh in day will be whatever you usually weigh in.
I know for me I need 8.5 pounds to be 1/2 way to my 50 pound in 2004 goal.

Hey PVK-- both of your posts are showing!!! LOL

I'm in 2 challenges now too, but needed a short term challenge to getme motivated.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 19:08
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Cheryl:

I'll join in, at the 10 pound level. That's about all I can hope for with the lack of speed I've been suffering. (Of course, I'd LOVE to lose more...)

Current weight today, after indulging myself at dinner last night--271.2.

Jude
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 19:15
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi everyone! I would love to join you all. I am trying to lose about 20 pounds by July 4th, but even 10 would be nice! I'll stop back in later
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 20:34
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:

I will join you!

I'm getting married on July 3rd, and my goal is to break the 300 pound mark. I have 21.5 pounds to go. I want to start my new life 20 pounds lighter.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 22:08
Living LaVita LoCarb

Wow, what excitement so many who have joined and a wedding to look forward to to boot.

YOU go girl to you 300 pound goal- My next mini goal is 250 and I'm hoping to get that by the end of summer. But, I've noticed this mini challenges of 10 pounds help me a lot.

Last year about this time I had gotten down to 265 then poop happened, and I was a very unhappy camper and kept setting my goals a little to high, when I didn't reach them, I gave up and you sure can gain faster than you can lose.

This time around I'm taking a different approach, last year my goal was to lose 100 pounds in one year.... yes, I know people have done it, but I cut that in 1/2 this year and so far I'm keeping just the right pace... plus the support on these forums is the best. I've seen several people who started out at over 300 pounds and they are doing it and it has incouraged me too! It's like they are showing me the way.

My best friend has gone from 427 down to about 240 and it's taken her a few years. I'm so proud of her and when she was here for my daughters graduation she had so much get up and go... I actually cried happy tears for her. She looked so different, I never knew her small... actually she told me she never was small even in grade school. When I met her she was at about 325, her and I worked on it together and she got below 300 then we were both displaced in our jobs (government base closures). She ended up moving down south and hated it and therefore gained up to 427. I knew from telephone conversations she was losing but what a shock it was to see it...my GOSH I was so happy for her. And, now the best news, she met Mr. Right, finally-- she's been dumped on by so many jerks in the past and now she's engaged.

Anyway... possitive thoughts... it can be done! And-- we are all doing it.

boy did I get off subject!!!!

I'm going to do my start weight tomorrow night since I haven't weighed in last week due to vacation....

Talk to you all soon
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 00:23

Plan: Atkins, LCHF
Stats: 253/237/155 Female 5'4"
BF:

Woooo...a wedding! I want to look good for the wedding too! I am really excited about this. I went out and exercised and tomorrow I will be going skating. I am so happy to have found you all...it just brings it all together you know!

On another note...I would like to extend an invitation to you all here. Today is a good friend's birthday and I am sending out invitations for everyone to go by her journal and wish her happy birthday. It is short notice but I hope that you all will come. Here is your invitation...

You are invited to a birthday party celebration...
Honoring.......Birdie
When..........Tuesday April 13
Time...........all day long
Where.........Birdie's Journal
BYOB...and bring as many friends as you possibly can!
Hugs & Smiles
PS...let her know how great her dimples look
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 16:36

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%
Smile I'm In

Hi All,

You can count me in also, I don't have quite 10 pounds to loose but I would like to be at goal by July 4th.

Actually, I would like to be at goal in 6 weeks, I am heading out on vacation on May 28th, I am driving from Montana to Florida to visit my son and then on to Texas to celebrate my 60th with my brother and his family and also my two sisters one lives in New York State and the other in South Carolina are flying in for the party.

So, I have my work cut out for me, I am going to try a lot harder than I have in the past.

All of you are so encouraging, this is going to be a great forum.

Catch you all later.

Carol