Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:48

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Finally!

Here it is, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. 51 lbs. gone away forever! Just 5 more lbs. and I'll be under 100 lbs. to lose. I have such strange milestones, but it helps to keep me focused.

I never thought I'd make it this far, let alone break the 50 lb. mark with how my weight loss sloooowed after the first 2 1/2 mos. Regardless, I'll take what I can get and continue praying for the rest to make its way off!

Just wanted to share my happy news and take time to thank all of you out there for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Not to be all mushy, but I don't think I'd be as happy with this WOL w/out this forum.

Happy LCing!
Nikki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 15:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/219/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

WOW! WAY TO GO! I'm so glad for you! Don't you feel better? And proud of yourelf? CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 15:50

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up A Third of the Way

Hi Nikki and congratulatons on 51 pounds gone. I know just how great you feel as I lost 50 pounds this weekend.

You are doing really well losing that much since September. It took me a year longer than that.

Keep up the good work and may the next 50 leave you relatively easy.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 16:21

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

WOW!

This is a big week for big losers!!!!!
It is so wonderful, and I am so happy for you...

Deb
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 17:07
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

How wonderful!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:14

Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

Wow! That's GREAT Nikki! I have those same milestone goals as you. So I don't think their strange at all Of course mines slightly different in that 51 lbs gone will be the same milestone as less than 100 lbs to go. I can't wait to get there myself Maybe this month if I'm lucky! Anyway, Congratulations you loser you!!

Julie Huck
310/269.5/160
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 19:21

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Way to go!!

This is great news! You'll be at your goal before you know it!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 00:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool On Your Way, Hooray!

Hooray Nikki! Thanks for sharing your milestone. Can you tell? We're ALL cheering you on !
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:17

BF:
Exclamation Thanks!!!!

Thanks a bunch Dingo10520, Little Anne, Deb, RGale, Julie, celtinore and EarthLight (and everyone else out there, for that matter)!

I really appreciate the kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to have the support of the forum, especially from y'all in the TDC. I don't feel alone in this journey and reaching each milestone, no matter how small or how long it takes feels so much better when I can share!

I hope to be sharing in celebrations of your achievements very soon-- wait, you're all losers right now!! Isn't being a loser great?

Thanks again and take care!
Nikki
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:42

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Re: Finally!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiggerdy
I never thought I'd make it this far, let alone break the 50 lb. mark with how my weight loss sloooowed after the first 2 1/2 mos. Regardless, I'll take what I can get and continue praying for the rest to make its way off!

What was your weight loss before the slow down and what did it slwo down to? and what did you do to help jump start it? I am coming up on two and half months and I figured for warned is fore armed! Oh BTW COngrats! redawn
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:44

BF:
Post Hi redawn!

Let's see if I can remember everything...

Quote:
What was your weight loss before the slow down and what did it slwo down to? and what did you do to help jump start it?

I was dropping fairly quickly during the first 2-2 1/2 mos. The first 3 weeks I was quickly down approx. 23 lbs., then I had a readjustment 'pause' of like 2 weeks, then lost like 15 lbs. in the next 3 weeks., 'paused' for a week or two and then it started going really, really slooooow (like either nothing or barely 1 lb. a week). Remember, I didn't start keeping a journal right away, so I may be off a touch, but not my much.

I reevaluated my menu(s) and decided to up my carbs for a day- all legal stuff, mind you- to see if that would jump-start my loss again. Didn't do much, other than help me retain water. I then massively lowered my franken food intake (candy bars, mainly). Still nothing. So... I upped my fat intake to what seemed like it would be too much (around 75-80%) fat and that got the scales moving downward-- that adjustment was just made in the last few weeks as I wanted to give the other options a valid try.

So now I'm losing about 1.5-2 per week, with the exception of TOM week that is. I know I'll still have 'pauses' here and there for readjustment, but knowing how I can get things moving again really helps. BTW- I still have 2-3 Atkins Endulge bars per week. That many doesn't bother me, however eating 1/day didn't help me too much. Darn that blasted chocolate!!

Sorry for the novel, but I hope this helps! Basically, just watch your water, fat and franken food intake, exercise (I upped that too) and keep the faith!

Happy LCing!
Nikki
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 18:39

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Congrats!

Congratulations! I am soooo happy for you....

And if I must confess, I am happy for me too, as I am slowing a bit in the weight loss after two months and am frustrated. So I am glad to see that someone else is in the boat with me and that I can get past this!!!!

Thanks for being an inspiration!

Amy
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 14:10

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%
Talking

Wow Congrats Nikki thats a wonderful result so far isn't it... that light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and closer

I'll be bouncing off the walls when I get 50 pounds down so you must be totally thrilled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiona