Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 13:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/202/175 Male 220
BF:
Progress: 45%
Unhappy Why do I not lose weight on some days

Why do I not lose weight on some days. I was loosing every day but not I have certain amount of days when I do not lose at all
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 13:43

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Remember just because one day you eat say 1500 you may not burn all that up.
Also weight needs time to redistribute itself too.

I wish we could lose everyday
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 14:25

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

We all lose weight differently...it depends on your body....water retention, dehydration, bowel movements, eating late the night before ... and when you weight yourself...time of month (for us women)....climate...

This is why you should not weight yourself daily.

I weight myself 2X a week and know that losing weight is not an everyday thing...there will be days I will lose nothing or even gain a pound...and then whoosh...I lose 2 or 3 lbs practically overnight. The best indicator for me is not that scale....but the way my clothes feel and how I feel in general.

The scale is evil if you live by it or are obsessed with it....trust me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 15:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

putting it bluntly:

you are not going to loose weight every day. i know you get used to it, but it just 'aint gonna happen. for the first two weeks, probably, yes, but don't count on it after that.

atkins is NOT a quick fix where you lose ALL your weight at once, like most people think, it's a way of life and a plan that fixes your metabolism.

i hope i don't sound too rude, but seriously, don't get into that mindset of 'i didn't lose weight today, i'm going to cheat' as i know many people have -- i'm not saying you're going too, just keep your eye on it when it happens.

it's not a quick fix. you can't expect to lose weight every day on ANY plan. it just won't happen. it's not natural. like i said, for about the first month you'll lose a lot of weight fast but after that it evens itself out.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 15:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Everyday???!!!!???

Why do I not lose weight everyweek?

7 pounds a week is not a healthy weight loss.
Remeber this is a way of life, if we were losing every day after a year we would all completely dissappear.

Myself, I even find contentment on weeks without any loss, because if not for the LC WOL, they could have been weeks with a gain.

It is hard when you really WANT to lose some weight, but you must keep the big picture in mind, slow and steady wins the race, and slow and steady weight loss is a lasting weight loss.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 15:23
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I'm lucky to lose a pound every other WEEK or so. Certainly not every day. Your weight will naturally fluctuate due to water retention every day, but you won't lose pounds (fat) every day. Don't expect to.

I agree that weighing yourself just once or twice a week is better for your sanity. Just wish I could take my own advice!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

You are going to make yourself crazy if you weigh so often. Yes, you had great results the first couple weeks, but now your metabolism is changing again, and the pace of weight loss will be slower - but you didnt' put it on overnight, you can't expect to lose it that fast. That said, have you been tracking your inches?