Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 20:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hi, I'm also a new one.

Hello everyone I'm a new starter as well. I have just started the diet again. I tried this diet a long time ago and did really good. Since then I have had a child and let my weight skyrocket. I am so ashamed to have let myself do this. So here I am again. I know that I am going to need all the help and support that I can get. My problem also is the same as that as shimmers, that after being on the diet for a month I get bored quickly with the same foods. So hopefully there will be someone that can give me some pointers so that I can remain on this diet without getting bored and then ultimately giving up, which I sincerely do not want to do. I want my daughter to have a healthy and drop dead gorgeous mommy. So if there's someone who would be willing to be my steady buddy I would
greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 20:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%
Default Hi Sabrina

I just wanted to let you know that I can relate to your story totally. I am not doing the atkins plan, but I think there are things we have in common. I too can stick with a plan for the first month. After that I kinda get bored too. It seems like on most plans the things you can not have are the things you love the most. I find with my plan CALP I never get bored. Nor do I feel as though I am being deprived of anything. I would first suggest that you get yourself a good multi vitamin. Someone else can probably give you more info on that tho. Also...look up recipes on the net. There are literally tons and tons of them. Search around at different boards and you will find plenty to satisfy your palate. I find new recipes everyday, and try them out. Most are really tasty...the whole family loves them. Some are okay[better than boiled veggies all the time] And some....well...let's just say...some I will never make again. I think if you can think of it as a fun experiment rather than a chore you will stick with it longer. Good luck...and hang in there
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 20:54

Stats: 165/148/110
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking Hi Sabrina

Hey we joined the same day! = ) Dont be too hard on yourself at least you are here and trying it again! You can do it! We all can!

I have been poking around in the recipies! They have stuff in there I never thought of. I dont think I will be getting bored with the food any time soon this time!

Nice to meet you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 21:09

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Low Carb Recipies

Did you see the Low Carb Recipies here? Check out the ones at the top along the red-orange bar under low carb recipies. Also, look under the 'Low Carb Kitchen' right here at the forum.
Be sure to get some of Karen's gourmet recipies. She is so creative and her recipies taste better than regular high-carb dinners. I only wish that I didn't have to do the cooking part . I really like the eating part, so there you go.

At the top there is also 'Low Carb Tools' button that has a built in carb counter so you can make your own low carb recipies.

I bought the Atkins new cookbook when I started this WOE and it helps me a lot although for some reason they use waaay too Tarragon for my taste. Anyways, it takes you through induction (day by day recipies) all the way through to maint. with lots of recipies for snacks, too.

Enjoy the new recipies, let us know how they worked for you.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 23:45
Registered Member

Stats: 210/194/130
BF:
Smile Hi Sabrina!

Hi There!!
I just wanted to welcome you, and also say hello to a fellow "Michigander"!!
I have been LCing since Sunday, and although its probably just water weight I've already lost 6 lbs!! So I know that if I can do it, you can too!! Just keep thinking about how all the other Moms out there will envy you when you start strutting your stuff!!! You can do it!

Best of luck,
Angie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 00:14

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:

Way to go Angie! 6 pounds! You're off to a great start.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 09:21

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default New at this!!!

Hi Sabrina, Just want to encourage you in your quest for a new you. My weight had been climbing since my second child and she is 17 years old. I had given up hope. Every time I had tried to "watch" my weight, I gained weight. Almost like I was so concentrated on what I was eating it made me want to eat more. Plus dieting usually makes me feel deprived...and then I binge when I get discouraged. But this summer my aunt gave me a book called "How I Gave Up My Low Fat Diet and Lost Forty Pounds!" by Dana Carpender. I was closed-minded when I first started reading the book. But it has changed my life! It made sense to me---all the stuff about carbs causing your body to store fat. Anyhow, she explained various ways to low carb, so you can pick one that works for you...This approach worked for me. It wasn't so strict that I felt like I couldn't follow it. And....I've lost nearly 40 pounds since July 11th. This is the first time in my life that I've felt hope about my weight. I eat lots of fresh vegies as salads with chicken or tuna. Usually eggs in the morning. I allow myself 1 or 2 pieces of low carb bread a day. When I saw the weight start falling off of me, it encouraged me to keep going. Oh, at first I wrote down everthing that went into my mouth into a journal. That helped me be accountable to myself and figure out any trouble spots. I'm looking forward to hearing from others here, to get ideas and recipes. But for once, it's not about not eating...it's about eating the right kinds of foods to keep the cravings down and the fat falling off!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 09:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: New at this!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
I've lost nearly 40 pounds since July 11th. This is the first time in my life that I've felt hope about my weightBut for once, it's not about not eating...it's about eating the right kinds of foods to keep the cravings down and the fat falling off!!!

Fantastic news and attitude, Victoria

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the loss, you must feel wonderful. Isn't it great to have hope again?

Be sure to check out the Recipe section of the forum (top of every page in orange) for some great ideas.

Nat
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 14:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default welcome sabrina

well my dear please dont feel ashamed of your self. I dont know anyone personal that has been on ONE diet and kept it off. Most people have to try and try again. I have had a weight problem since I was a kid...but a couple years after my daughter was born I weighed at least 240. I have been doing Atkins since April and now I am in the maintainence phase. The difference I feel about this time dieting is cause of exactly that----this isnt a diet for me its a way of life. You will have your whole life now to work on low-carbing..good luck!!!