Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:19
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%
Default George Foreman grill - thanks for tip!

A week or so ago, there was a thread about the George Foreman grill and some clean-up tips. I just wanted to say that I lined mine with foil for lunch to cook a small steak, and it came out perfect! (I did spray the foil with a little Pam). I even still had the the little grill marks! I let it cool with the lid open and just took the foil off and trashed it! No clean up! Thanks sooooo much for the tip! Makes me want to bash my head and say "now why didn't I think of that..."
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

What a great Idea! I think I will try that. I love to use my grill but hate the clean-up. Thanks
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:31

Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thank you thank you thank you for this post!!! I love my grill but my husband and I always fight about who's going to clean it! I guess I'll volunteer to clean it now!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 13:31

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

I love mine!!! I just use a papertowel then a soapy sponge... Never had a problem.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 13:53

Plan: lc plan
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 0'0
BF:
Progress: 86%

does the grease still drip down if you line it in foil? the grease pan on ours got a hole in it from the dishwasher so we have to put a plate under it now.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 14:31

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Do you put the foil on the top and the bottom? and like babydoll said how does the grease drip down or does it?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 15:16
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

On the bottom part, I wrapped the edge of the foil under the bottom of the grill in the front (the sides really don't matter) so everything just goes in the drip pan like normal. Uh, I would suggest doing this before you preheat or you'll never get the foil wrapped (almost pulled that one myself). I preheated it then, sprayed the foil with a little Pam, put my meat on, and just laid the a top piece of foil over the meat. Close the lid and cook like normal. When it cools, you can just fold the foil up and toss it! I've always cleaned mine with wet paper towels while it was still warm, and I still thought it was kind of a pain, but there was nothing to it with the foil!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 19:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I do something similar to Dianao, I just take a very wet paper towel to it while it's still warm and wipe it towards the grease cup and it comes of easily.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 20:56
Contributing Member

Stats: 257/216/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks, I'll try that for the grill too. Foil is great too for the cookie sheet when you put buffalo wings in the oven, too. And one more tip - since I really hate to clean: if I broil steaks or anything similar, I do it in an 8 inch square pan that had a teflon-like coating - I've just moved the upper oven rack permanently up a notch. The little pan is permanently warped, but I was never going to bake another cake in it. And it's so much easier to clean than a whole broiling pan top and bottom.