Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:12

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Water - Water - my soul for water!!!!!

I have been a very long time LC'r .. and actually am quite proud of my successes so far .. but every once in a while -- something pops into my head and I just can't shake it -- or come up with an answer .. so I end up putting a miscellaneous post here ... (aren't you all lucky!!! )

I drink a TON O' Water ... it's nothing for me to put away 100-150 oz without even thinking about it .. I have heard from some sources that too much water will cause water retention .. (which is bringing me to this post -- as even though it's been humid lately -- I've been holding onto water horribly -- even more than normal ) For the amount of water that I drink throughout the day ... I should be definately moving my desk into the company restroom .. and even though I'm in there enough .. it just doesn't feel enough for me ..

I have also heard -- in order to get rid of water -- you need to drink more water .. but when I was up over 200 oz a day .. (which again didn't take much doing); people were telling me that I was overdoing it .. and could cause health problems ..

What do people like myself do .. according to Atkins (at least what I vaguely remember reading --) water intake should be 50% of your current weight in ounces .. as in 158 / 2 = 79 oz is what I should be doing .. (shoot -- I do that before I leave for work in the morning .. )

Is there something else that I could be drinking to help get rid of this excess water that's in my system because I DO wear my water bottle at the hip .. and have it with me whereever I go ..

(just for the medical record .... I have been tested for diabetes and it is non-existant ... even though I'm constantly thirsty)

Another place I remember reading -- drinking alot of water will bring on cravings for more water .. (oooo I'm stuck in a vicious circle here) ...

If someone can help me out -- I would really appreciate it .. Am I drinking too much water .. and how do I cut down without my body going into dehydration ??? and can too much water create water retention, and do I have my calculation of how much I SHOULD be getting correct ???? and sooooo many question

I hope someone can help .. as I'm stuck in I believe a water retention stall .. I know I'm the unofficial president of the turtle club, and that doesn't bother me .. since I AM proud of my loss so far .. and coming off slowly-I've learned well how to "maintain" along the way .. but have wondered about my water intake ..

Please and thanks!!!
Will anxiously be awaiting responses !!!
Sponsored Links