Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 52%
Cool Just finished week one and I am psyched!

I just had to get on the scale on Monday morning and I was glad I did. I lost 8 pounds my first week! I know some of it is water weight but I'm sure some of of was fat, too. I am really pleased.

I only had a couple of days of feeling kind of punk and after I got through that I felt great. I have plenty of energy and after induction is over I am going to join Curves. I could do it this week but I still find I have moments when I feel a little weak. It passes quickly but I want to get on some fruits and nuts for a shot of energy before I exercise.

After the first few days I haven't been hungry at all and have been able to resist temptation quite easily. We went to brunch on Sunday and the restaurant has THE best biscuits in the world. I had already made up my mind that I was going to allow myself one because I really didn't think I could resist. I ordered a wonderful scramble of eggs, onion, peppers, and andouille sausage. The dish was supposed to have potatoes, too, but I asked that they be left out. When my breakfast came, there was that lovely, soft, cream-tasting biscuit. I chowed down on my eggs and kept shooting loving glances at my biscuit. Finally, I reached over and broke off a small piece, I put it in my mouth, chewed, swallowed, and handed the rest to my husband. YAY!!! I was soooo proud of myself. I've decided if I can resist that, I can hold out against most temptations.

I'm into week 2 now and I'm hoping it goes well, too.

Laurie minus 8 lbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Congratulations!!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to resist those foods that used to be amost if not totally irresistable!
I had a similar experience during my first week of induction, isn't it great!?

I just finished my second week of Induction, and am amazed at how well I am doing, and how well I am eating. Like real, healthy food.
The temptation for me is to not eat enough and see how fast I can lose more weight, however I know that is not the way for me to do this. I have to focus on healthy eating for the long run.

GOod luck, and welcome!
Rena
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:17

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

wow well done (both of you), 8 in one week is great! I am on day 1 so hopefully this'll be me in a week also

Do you both use fitday or some such to write it all down?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

Woohoo and Way To Go!!

#5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 16:49

Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%

Good for you guys!! I was in a stall it was my week5 and I went to a baby shower, And cheated! The next day I went back on it, I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks!!! And ya eating less wont help. I actaully didnt have lunch one day I weighted myself i lost .5lb the next day I ate lunch and the next morning I lost 1 lb. Its funny how that works!!!!!
devil
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:09

Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Hi!
I have been using fitday.com to track my food since I started doing LC. I found it very helpful, especially since i have to watch the temptation to eat too little.
I have a past history of severe dieting, like several bouts of 500 calories a day for months at a time. Which is NOT the way to lose weight and keep it off. It is not healthy, and the weight loss doesn't last, and then you gain even more when you do start eating normally again, as your body thinks it is starving.

IF I don't eat enough, especially enough carbs, then the cravings start.

I have lost a lot of weight in the past 2 weeks, so I am increasing my carbs a bit, and increasing calories.
I am a rather large woman, so I have to eat enough calories that I don't go into starvation mode.
I think that some of the dramatic weight loss is because I bloat when I eat wheat and I have been eating wheat for months again, even though it would only be 2 or three slices of bread a day, or a hamburger bun, it still causes me to bloat. So I am pretty sure that a lot of this is just excess water my body was storing and I am sure that the rate of loss will slow, and yet stay steady and on going.

Rena