Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 12:47

Plan: CALP
Stats: 225/210/185 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question correct balance of veggies and protein

I just started the CALP diet and it isn't clear in the book about how many veggies you need for craving-reducing meals. It "suggests" a 50/50 split of proteins and high fiber carbs but then says "the amount you eat is not critical as long as you include both protein and high fiber vegetables". Then it mentions some people liking 50/50 and some liking MORE veggies. Well, if it was up to me I'd do a 99% protein and 1% veggie split! I like very few veggies so I'm a bit concerned. I also see some peoples menus for the craving reducing meals (cm?) and they sometimes have no veggies at all i.e. cheese omelet with bacon. Is it o.k. to have protein only meals a la Atkins for the cm's or not? Remember, I'm not referring to the reward meals.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 17:15
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

2 cups raw, 1 cup cooked or there abouts.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 04:05

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I rarely eat any veggies at breakfast and that has been ok for me so far. I always have them at lunch however, so I guess that balances things out a bit.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:46

BF:

thanks Vel. Zeleika, I don't understand your response. Are you saying "2 cups raw..." at one meal or for the whole day? Ithought you could eat any amount as long as it's somewhat balanced.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:57

BF:

Sorry I mispelled. Zuleikaa!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 14:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/142.2/130 Female 5' 4"
BF:41%/33%/??
Progress: 73%

The book CAD recommends two cups raw veggies at each CM. Most of us eat as much or as little veg as we want.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:53

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177/164/160 Female 5'6"
BF:34.3/
Progress: 76%

Hi bvg, once I got past my two weeks I exprimented with my veggies, eating less. My system has a hard time tolerating all of those veggies. I don't watch portions or ratios at my RM, just make sure that I have a veggie at each meal. (I concentrate more o a good desert at my RM moreso than the amount of veggies, lol) My RMs re not always balanced and I have lost 14lbs in two months. Experiment a bit, as long as you are losing you should be on track.