Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/197/130
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Worried about first weekend on diet.

Hi folks this will be my first weekend on Atkins.

I'm very much struggling with my very small willpower and I'll be ALONE, with teenage son, and large husband, so far (this week) I've mannaged to avoid being around their overzelous eating.
Seems like all three of us spend the weekends grazing.

I have heard before that I should try and keep busy and distract myself from the fridge but I'm not sure thats going to work.

I could make a gallon of meatballs and munch on them, but then I'd never again want a meatball. I could drown myself with gallons of water but wouldn't I get bloated ? I could check into a hotel for the weekend, but thats kind of expensive.

Not really looking for answers, just wanted to voice my fears.
maybe I will try the water, at least it fills me up!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:14
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Stock up on pork rinds, devilled eggs, cans of tuna to eat with mayo and celery sticks and a few meatballs. You'll do just fine!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 22:02

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Default I'm with her on this...

Yeah, what she said!

The secret to success *any* day of the week, in my experience, has been planning ahead. Days when I have to "wing it" because I'm going away and won't be in complete control of what's being served are the most difficult for me. Even then, I've learned what the better options are, and I try very hard to stick to 'em.

As Karen said, stock up on those goodies and you'll do great. No reason to make trouble where there isn't any!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 10:38

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

it might help, too, to think about the issue of "permanent way of eating." This is the first weekend of the rest of your life, a life in which many many people will be eating piles of junk food all around you--food which will keep you fat or make you regain all the fat you lost on LC if you go back to eating it. You'll slowly build strategies to deal with the carbs that are all around us; since you're going to have to deal with it forever, you don't need to do it perfectly and without struggle this weekend, but you want to learn something, right?

Family dynamics change slowly, but it's possible that with your leadership, a year from now your family will be spending a similar weekend hiking, cross-country skiing, volunteering with the homeless or special Olympics, or something else that does not center around food. How do you get there? Slow steps.

I wish you luck and strength with these first steps this weekend!