Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%
Default Unexpected compliments?

Ok, everyone here has gotten a full assortment of compliments on their weight loss. Last week, I got one that I wasn't expecting, but it stuck with me through the week. I was walking to another department at work, when an older woman came up to me and said, 'Did your mother ever tell you that you have great posture?'. I told her no, that I'd actually always had bad posture. I thanked her for the compliment and went on my way.

I loved this compliment, because all through my life, I'd walked with a bit of a slouch and this contributed to the cold/shy/closed aura I enclosed myself in. The exercises on my back and abs have really straightened me out and I feel much better about myself. I look taller (and thus thinner) stronger and more confident.

Anyone else get a compliment about something like this? We've all gotten compliments on our weight loss, but what about muscle build or posture or complexion, etc? Usually people are too occupied with the weight loss to notice that you've improved elsewhere as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:04
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I always get people telling me how young I look. Now being a woman, this shouldn't be a bad thing. But its like everyone is in shock around me.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I got two compliments last week both from my mother-in-law on 2 different days. Now the reason this is so great for me is because my MIL (though I love her dearly) is soooooo busy/pre-occupied that she doesn't notice the small things - I got my hair cut about 3 weeks ago (about 4 inch cut off - huge deal to me) but she didn't even notice. So for MIL to say something on Wed & Fri last week I was pretty thrilled.

I'm going home (CT) in 3 weeks to visit friends and family I haven't seen since Christmas - I'm anxious to see what they have to say.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:07
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

I have a friend who is in training for a triathlon. She has a training coach who has her doing 4-hour bike rides and 3-hour runs, stuff like that. I was talking to her the other day and saying how much I admire her for being able to do that, and she said "well, you're looking so athletic these days that I think that someday you should join me on one of my runs."

It felt really good. I've been carrying that complement with me for days. I keep telling myself that this is the reason for my stall -- that I'm getting so darn muscular.

There is NO way that I could run for 3 hours. It would kill me. But it was nice to hear just the same.

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:35

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

My teenage son told me this one: He was standing around with a group of his friends making "Yo Mama" jokes--as in "Yo mama is fat!" or Yo mama has big ears" etc (all in fun--not mean.) Well, he said when they came to him they said, "Well, yo mama is...uh...skinny!" I loved that!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:44

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I like the silent compliments. I notice members of the opposite sex checking me out and I sure enjoy that.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:54

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I've had several people tell me that I don't look like I've had 5 kids (which I have)...or that I don't look like I just had a baby (which I did...two months ago). I don't know why there is the expectation that if you have children, you have to be fat. We DON'T...and I love proving that!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 14:06

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

My General Manager's wife told me one day, "you really walk well. You have a nice stride that is very poised and confident." WOW, I really had the big head all day that day. And this is coming from a woman that is the Emily Post of Southern Indiana.