Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 18:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 311/299/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Question Induction foods

I have Dr. Atkins book Diet revolution and know the basic foods for induction, but I'm looking for those discoveries people make. I went on last year and didn't know for a month that I could have pork skins. I was just wondering if anyone had any interesting finds as far as induction foods goes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 04:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I find that I am getting a lot more creative - check out the recipie sites, that is where I find most of my stuff - adn the people on the forums are fantastic for offering ideas. For me, the interesting find was that I actually LIKED veggies without a lot of "stuff" on them.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 04:26
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I discovered Fat is your friend.

Don't be afraid to use alot of oil when you cook your meats or over your salad.

Cheers,
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 06:57
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 142/135/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

one thing i started to make to help my boyfriend like veggies on atkins (really simple) is "vegges alfredo". basically i just steam veggies tendercrisp, add butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese (the shaker kind, i've never tried fresh but i bet it'd be great!) let it get hot and melty in the pot, the give it an extra sprinkle on top. i actually get requests for brussel sprouts and broccoli now!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 08:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/214/175 Female 5,7
BF:
Progress:

I'm new to the site as of yesterday, found it by error but this is great. I'm canceling my on-line subscription to SouthBeach. I have been following Atkins for 2 years now, just joined the Southbeach on-line for support. The recipe I use, acutually two of them that my kids and husband love is mashed cauliflower and believe it or not fried radished in olive oil with onion tastes alot like fried potatoes. My family askes for them all the time. I have a question about Speical K cereal (low carb) carb 14 fiber 5 sugar 2 with carbsmart milk, do you think it's ok once in a while in phase II.

Cyndi
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 21:38

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

hiya! well i think QUICHE is awesome now! its a pretty elegant meal and so LC! gotta love it!

also there are so many LC products out there now you can have a "regular"meal and not feel bad! its almost too easy!

have a great weekend all!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 21:41

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:

I have a question about Speical K cereal (low carb) carb 14 fiber 5 sugar 2 with carbsmart milk, do you think it's ok once in a while in phase II.

im sure its ok everyonce in awhile sweetie, but at 9 g per serving not counting the LC milk it seems kinda expensive...hahaha...i think moderation is the key!

start a journal sweetie!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 22:39
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi,

Stick with veggies and meats for induction....but to stop a craving....pork rinds are great (even with guacamole...lots of carbs, but almost all fiber). Sunflower seeds. I get them in the shell, because it's hard to overindulge if you have to open each one.

Sweet tooth...redi-whip (less than 1g/serving) over SF jello. When you start eating LC fruit...over that....OR... put some in a cup and pour ice cold diet rootbeer over it (root beer float).

Here is a thread I created for newbies a while back...read through it, it has information from my own experience and what I've read from others.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

GL