Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 06:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Sharing an experience

I bought a pill dispenser at a dollar store about a month back as I found pulling out all my bottles of supplements every morning a bit tiresome. I would sometimes miss one supplement or so, just so I could get going out the door! (I take about nine pills everyday, too funny as one could never get me to take or remember medicine when younger!). This pill container is just great. Every week I fill it up so that come morning all I have to do is pop the days vitamins that it says and they are altogether now and one doesn't have to open nine bottles every morning!

Anyway why I am bringing this up is because of this system I now have, no supplements are ever missed. The one supplement I would tend to miss quite often as of late was Chromium (to cut down on my sugar cravings) and also evening prim rose (for pms).

Since my cold virus I stopped drinking diet coke/pepsi as I found it too sweet....LOL....right, this is me talking

I'm going through pms right now, and it isn't as bad as it has been the previous months, and so far no sweet cravings?????? I have only had sore boobs, no mood swings (YET). I'm not always taking the five prim rose I was told to take with my vit. d as the dispenser has nine pills already in its slots and cannot take anymore. Thus forgetting to take the rest of the prim rose later in the day

Chocolate (ok anything sweet) has been my battle all my life. I still find it very beautiful to look at (cakes made up etc.) but now think about the sweetness and go, no way not me! Hey...I just remembered I had a bit of chocolate last week while taking a client food shopping and oh my God did it ever taste bland...this was my favourite chocolate too.

Isn't this just great news? I can't believe it ...........see taking chromium daily does work. I knew it had an effect on me much earlier on this woe, but like I said, I started getting lazy with the supplements and would sometimes leave this one out.

Not anymore folks, this truly does work and I am so happy about this as I would get so peeved at reading these posts on how folks found sweets unbearable now etc. etc. Now I too can say this...YIPPEEEEE

Had to share with you folks as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has major sugar cravings!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 08:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wendy, I strongly believe the 2 week induction period wherein you're not supposed to have any sweets at all is designed for what you just described. Using AS to replace sugar and whipping up batches of cream cheese / splenda / whipping cream to replace desserts may seem like a good idea at the time but to truly kick that taste for sweets you have to go without. I know that when I stopped diet drinks my first two weeks it was all i needed to convince myself I didnt really like them anymore; kinda like smoking I guess ( - do miss them from time to time.... like right now!!!)

Isn't it a great feeling though? Kicking chocolate, working out... my but you've made some changes

Nat

P.S. I was thinking of getting one of those pill dispensers for my work travel and trip down south in January; I invariably forget to take my supplements when I travel. Thanks for reminding me.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 08:54

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Wendy, I strongly believe the 2 week induction period wherein you're not supposed to have any sweets at all is designed for what you just described.

I hear ya Nat, but it never worked for me. I have been in iinduction all this time, but yet still craved sweets. I do believe its the supplement.

Quote:
Isn't it a great feeling though? Kicking chocolate, working out... my but you've made some changes

Oh yes, it truly is a great feeling, as chocolate has controlled me all my life! (please god it isn't temporary), With working out I really enjoy it, one comes home so ready to go and feeling good!

Quote:
P.S. I was thinking of getting one of those pill dispensers for my work travel and trip down south in January; I invariably forget to take my supplements when I travel. Thanks for reminding me.

I'm so happy I got this thing. Pulling out all those bottles every morning sometimes felt like such a chore....not any more and no supplements missed either! Your welcome Nat, don't want to live without mine now...LOL
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 09:11
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb pill dispensers

These things are great. I have two ... the larger one is yellow and I use it for my supplements that I take in the a.m. (yellow = sunshine/morning). Then I have a smaller dark blue one which is for my p.m. supplements (dark blue = evening). Fortunately, the prescription meds I have to take at bedtime are compatible with Cal-Mag, so I can at least remember to take that every night

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 11:07

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Supplement City

I like the idea also... supplement holder.

I can remember last year when I got sick, my Allergist put me on a HUGE vitamin regime... at first I was skeptical... could supplements really help me.. PLUS all the WORK involved. I finally had to make it another wol for me.. I was taking 45 to 50 caps 3 times a day!!!! talk about time consuming ... holy cow.. but you know what? I REALLY think it saved me from getting worse and developing a full blown immune disorder.. Taking supplements has now become a daily thing like brusing my teeth.. I miss it when I don't.. and I rarely miss it.. I never would have imagined that...

I have since gone on maintenance level supplements... about 9 -3 times a day.... considerable less...

In this day and age (gosh do I sound old) I think EVERYONE would benefit from supplements...

Ramona
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 13:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka

If you are flying or going across the border, you may still want to take all your original bottles with you, then populate the pill dispenser when you get down there. Some airport security checkers get finicky about unlablled pills and medications. I think they think you might be bringing illegal drugs with you, but honestly, with the amount that you would take, you'd hardly be an illegal drug mule!

I spent 3 years flying weekly on business, and on occassion even the labelled pill containers were opened and checked.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 19:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default great idea

Great idea on the pill container, I will have to get one

Thanks