Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 19:58

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default BFL at home?

Does anyone do the BFL workout at home? and not go to a gym?

I used to go to the gym and workout daily. I loved it! And I was in in great shape.

Last summer we moved to the middle of no where. The closest gym is 40 minutes away. Not practical...very time consuming and expensive (gas, driving, memebership fee etc)

I want to start working out at home. I don't want to invest in the equiment and then not use it.

I want to know if there are others out there doing BFL from home.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/171/157
BF:21%
Progress: 44%

I would say it's a worthwhile investment to get the equipment and workout at home. I bought a great free-weight Nautilus system at Costco, later we got a treadmill and just recently, we got a set of dumbbells at Sam's Club for a great price.

It will cost you a little but when you think about how much you would be spending at the gym, along with the inconvenience of having to go there and get back home, showering there, bringing change of clothes if you work out in morning, etc., then a home gym makes all the sense in the world.

By the way, I've been doing BFL for over 5 weeks now - all at home, and am getting great results! To be honest, I LOVE working out at home! When I want to do cardio in the morning before work, I just wake up, make some coffee and jump on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I even throw concert DVDs on the TV and crank them up while I run.

If I had to get up, get dressed for the gym, bring a change of clothes and shower gear (which I've done in the past), I would NOT be likely to go in the mornings, especially just for a 20 minute cardio routine.

Hope this helps!

Roger DeNoon
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:41

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

Roger...
Thanks for the reply.
Up until we moved last summer, I faithfully went to the gym 5:30 adn workout every morning. I loved it! I am a stay at home mom, and my gym time was my time even though it was at 5:30 in the morning. I would be home just in time to see hubby off to work. Then I would shower at home.

So now going to the gym is out of the question. I really hate to sink the money into home equiment and find out it is just going to sit there. I have been thinking about this alot.

I have a few dumb bells (2,3,5 and 8 pounds) not much. Today I added 10 and 15 pound dumb bells.
I think what I am going to do is try to stick to the plan as close as I can with what I already have. And then after a 2 weeks (payday every two weeks) I will add one more piece of equimnet to my home gym. That way, I won't dump a ton of money at one time.

My progress might be slower, but it might motivate me to keep going to get a new piece of equmiment.