Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%
Question Sitting Excercise videos???

I have very bad knees and can't do much weight bearing excercise. Does anyone know of any excercise videos you do sitting down, maybe with hand weights?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:14
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Richard Simmons "SIT TIGHT". I credit it for getting me from invalid unable to walk 50 feet to where I am today (along with the LC way of life, of course!)

I had 2 copies...I sent one to a young lady from these boards for her mother. If I can find the other copy I will be most happy to share it with you. (Or any other person that needs it!)

The cost is high though! How much? YOU have to promise to pass it on for FREE to someone else that needs it when you are finished.

So here is the deal. I send you (FREE) the tape. You just give it to the next person when you are able to progress to the next level.

Send me a PM if this seems doable.

Thanks and good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:56
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

There is a TV series called "Sit and be Fit". It used to be on PBS for years. Right now, it is playing on a sattelite fitness network (we have direct TV, other companies or digital cable companies might have this network also) called FIT.

Whenever there is something off the wall I need, for some reason Ebay always has it. Check it out.

But in the meantime, you might just buy a fitness book. There are a great deal of standard exercises you can do sitting down, including:

Shoulders: Military press, side laterals, front raise, upright row
Chest: Bench press (lying on bed), flyes
Back: Rows (lying face down on side of bed with 1 arm dangling off the bed doing the row)
Bicep: Curls
Tricep: Extensions, kickbacks
Legs: Extensions

Just had another thought, I'm sure there are wheelchair athletes who have written strength training books, or who have websites. Some of these guys have tremendous upper bodies.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

This is a good question, and I did a bit of Googling. There are tons of pages selling tapes or equipment, especially to wheelchair athletes. I did find a helpful reference at a back clinic.

Basic sitting down workout.

This is instructional, and is illustrated. I didn't browse all the exercises, but the ones I looked at don't appear to require special equipment. They are designed for people with bad backs, but would probably be useful to larger folks as well.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 19:43

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Wonderful information fo us who can not exercise. I am looking for the Sit Tight on ebay and copying the exercises from the web sight Krystadad put out Thanks boyz
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:47

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

I have been checking on ebay and there are a couple of tapes up there and Amazon.com can take you to them as well. They run about 15 dollars there you have to pay shipping and handeling though. I am now trying to find one in the stores around here.