Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/217/160
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking This is day 3 for me.

Hello all! This is my third day on my low carb diet and I have lost 7 pounds. Is this normal? I am excited. I would love to hear from others who have done well. Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 15:55

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Welcome Tonmur!

Day 3, Congratulations! Seven down is really great! Everyone is different and peopele do lose at different rates, that said you are off to a booming start!

Check out the journal area especially beginning pages for insight into others beginnings! Start one of your own and you will have visitors! It is helpful if you include the amount of food, supplements, water and exercise you are doing so others may give you pointers too!

Keep up the great work and don't hesitate to ask questions...there is an area in this forum for pretty much everything!

Bsayne
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 18:27

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi Tonmur - normal? I'd say you are!

Welcome to low carbing, and congrats on your early "win"
Keep up the good work, post lots, no question is a dumb question. There's lots of support here.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:10

Plan: CKD
Stats: 130/125/115-110
BF:
Progress:
Default Started the same day!

Hi! I stated this diet the same day as you! I think I have lost about two lbs though. Is this normal? What kind of meals have you been eating? I may have to copy off of you!

This diet makes me feel like I am eating too much to get the right amount of carbs a day. I feel like I am going to gain weight instead of lose it.

Any tips to the beginners?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:23
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Well, let's see what we can come up with

Hello there.

I might start out by saying that I am a foodaholic! I am one who eats to cure everything, mostly depression. My first decision to get on this diet was to do something for myself and about myself. I am hoping that losing weight will help boost my spirit. But, I also know that I am going to have to seek more extensive professional help for the depression. (I just thought I might get that out of the way - I believe that admitting the facts and being truthful to yourself makes you a better person). Now that that is out of the way - here is what I have been eating.

Bacon and eggs in the morning - usually 3 strips of bacon and my eggs - I fry in the bacon grease and have them sunny side up.

For lunch - I usually eat some baked chicken (from a few nights ago) with some Wal-Mart Ceasar salad dressing on it with a few slices of mild cheddar cheese.

For supper I have baked chicken with swiss cheese and bacon on it or a hamburger patty or two with some cheese on it or like last night - My husband fried up some ground beef with some taco seasoning in it - we ate that on a bed of lettuce with some cheese and Kraft Rach/Bacon dressing.

For a dessert - you can get the Wal-Mart brand sugar-free jello (peach is the best) and eat it slowly to savor the wonderful flavor.

I will am one that usually eats so fast that I am done before anyone else. I have slowed down. I have decided that I would eat slow and savor everything and take several drinks of water, soda, tea or whatever we have at the time, in between bites.

I hope that this helps. Sorry to get so detailed up top. Write back often and let me know how you are doing.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:28

Plan: CKD
Stats: 130/125/115-110
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks!

That helps! Actually - we've been eating pretty much the same kind of thing. Good - maybe I am not doing this all wrong! I guess I just felt that because I was eating such fatty stuff that I couldn't possibly lose weight! But your 7 lbs gave me inspiration. I think I may be watching the scale too closely...
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:38
Registered Member

BF:
Arrow Something else

I thought I might add -

For my mother-in-law it took 1 year to loose 48 pounds.

I think patience is the best key here. And remember -
YOU CAN DO IT.

The first time that I tried this diet, my husband and I did not prepare ourselves as much as we have this time. We just decided that we would be 100% dedicated and totally support each other no matter how grumpy, sluggish or down we got. My goal is to beat my mother-in-law. She is thrilled that that is my goal.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:47

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Welcome Tonmur

Hi Tonmur, and welcome to this forum.

Your last post is exactly the kind of thing that ought to be in a journal. You are already in "Journal mode", so I suggest you start one up. In your case, go to the T-Z section of Bootcamp/Journals. Usually I need to describe to new members what sort of thing goes in a journal, but you are doing it already.

Jenn2610 - don't worry. There's nothing wrong with you. It is a characteristic of people who do not have much to lose (comparitively) that it frequently comes off slowly. In that context, two pounds is excellent going. Look at the percentage more than the actual weight loss. This is more directly comparable than the number of pounds. And why not start a journal yourself (In the H-N Section of the Bootcamp/Journals forum in your case).

Andy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 13:51
Registered Member

BF:
Default journal

I think I will do that - thanks.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 12:57

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 226/217/155
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi I am brand new to this forum (as of today) and new to the LC way of life (today is my third day) anyway, we are about the same weight and started about the same time so you caught my attention. I am eating the same way as you(have not weighed myself, am trying to wait for a full week)and am hoping that this is the way of eating that is going to work for me. I am nervous, everything is so new and I am learning more as I go. Any advice that you have, or anyone has for me would be great! Good luck, I'll be checking to see how you are doing.
almost30
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 13:10
Registered Member

BF:
Default Well, let's do this together

Today was a hard day for me. I know I shouldn't weight every day, but I guess I have compulsive issues.

I was just hoping to be at 219 today. Maybe tomorrow. Yep - tomorrow!

Best wishes to you.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 23:10

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Right posts, wrong place

Hi Tonmur and Almost 30,

You are both doing just what you would expect to in a journal, but this is not the place for it!

Tonmur, you need to start yours up in the T-Z section of the Bootcamp/Journals forum, and Almost 30 yours will need to be (is?) in the A-C section of that forum.

When you've done that, carry on exactly as you are doing here.

Andy