Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 07:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/138/132
BF:22%
Progress: 25%
Question Outback Steakhouse

I was wondering if anyone has any nutritional information on Outback Steakhouse. I have asked the server if they put sugars in their seasoning, and he looked at me like I was crazy. I love going there, but wondering if that could be making me stall. I like to order their salads too, which I've heard that they add sugar in the dressing (making them very tasty). I love their wings and steaks too, but I'd feel better eating there if I had nutritional info listed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 08:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/177/167
BF:
Progress: 68%

Unfortunately they have no nutritional info posted. I sent them an email a few weeks ago for the same reason and was informed that they have not done a nutritional analysis of any of their foods and were unable to give me carb counts, ingredients or calories for any of their menu items.

Their response was as follows:

"Thank you for your interest in the nutritional value of
Outback Steakhouse entrees. Outback Steakhouse does not
make nutritional claims about our menu items. Accordingly,
we have not conducted a detailed nutritional analysis of
our menu items, except for our Tangy Tomato no-oil salad
dressing due to the "fat free" claim. However, all of our
food is prepared fresh daily, so when possible, we will try
and accommodate your dietary needs. "

Sorry - wish I had better news for you (and me...)!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Wow!

You mean you can actually get in the door & sit down?! Every time we've tried to go there they're either closed (no lunch) or it's a 90 minute wait. Due to this I've only ever eaten there twice.

Good luck obtaining the info you'd like & when you get it - ENJOY a steak for me!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: Keeping carbs under 20
Stats: // Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

ginkirk,

The Outback by us is always crowded as well. They do offer takeout. So we always call and then go pick it up. It's just as good at home!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 13:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/177/167
BF:
Progress: 68%

We do that a lot too (takeout) - it even saves a bit because you don't have to pay for drinks or tips. They even come out to your car (at least they do here)!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 16:30

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Outback requests people "call ahead". They don't take reservations but if you "call ahead" by 45 minutes say, then they will put you near the top of the waiting list when you arrive, and you will be seated much more quickly. Going there without doing this is nearly insane unless you take a library book. Seriously, if you forget, even if it's only 15-20 minutes away, stop at a pay phone and call them, then continue on. It makes a difference.

I suspect a sirloin and a salad (not caesar but regular) without croutons (with the meal minus their fantastic fresh pumpernickel, divinely disgusting bloomin' onion, etc.) wouldn't kill anybody, but I'd allot a few carbs just in case. Surely 4 carbs allotted wouldn't be such a huge thing if one didn't eat there daily?

Gods I love Outback. The first time I ever had it was in Florida when I got married, and my new husband and I teased my dad that he was keeping my virtue safe by overfeeding us daily (we honeymooned at a nearby hotel as I was visiting my parents and he'd never met them) -- my husband and I would come back from Outback, lie on our backs on the bed staring at the ceiling, unable to MOVE, hahaha!

PJ
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: Keeping carbs under 20
Stats: // Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

Their steaks are heavenly. I also used to love their baked potatoes, crusted in salt......
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 08:30

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

I LOVE that place. I go there abut once a week!! I just skip the bread and order veggies instead of the potato. Hopefully what ever is in the seasoning on the steaks and chicken is not all that bad!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 22:15

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

This is what makes low-carbing on TSP so easy. My carbs are calculated on all carbs but non-starchy vegetables. And I am "allowed" up to 15 added carbs per meal. So when I go out, as long as I have a salad and veges, which are usually non-starchy, instead of the potato or rice, the sauces and dressings fall into the added carbs category and I'm pretty much covered. I don't even have to think about it.

Just a pitch for TSP...

;-Deb