Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 19:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%
Default Toronto - Queens Pasta Cafe

I bought some soy flour "low carb" lasagna sheets at Queens Pasta Cafe in Bloor West Village (not the restaurant, the store). Too bad they could not tell me the carb count, but the smell was certainly soy flour.

The sheets were quite large (standard lasagna pan size - about 7 x 9 inches?) and I got 15 sheets for $9.00.

I made a LC lasanga and it turned out better than I hoped. The noodles soak up the tomato sauce flavour and I could not detect the soya taste (I can't stand the taste of soy - it needs to be masked or I will toss out). I used 2 layers (2 sheets) for the short lasanga, using a standard lasagna pan, and I used 4 layers (1 sheet cut up into 3 sections) for the small loaf pans - yes I made lots to freeze. I made 1 large and 3 small, and I still have about 8 sheets left.

I do hope to get the carb count eventually, but I see you can make a lasanga using only 2 sheets, making it a low carb meal.

Sponsored Links