Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: ckd/keto/atkins
Stats: 225/210/170 Male 65
BF:22% and goin down
Progress: 27%
Default Atkins stalled need to make a weight for spring break!

Ok guys heres the deal.
Im a male/18/217lbs/26%bf/40inch waist
I started at 225lbs.
I went down to 217lbs during the first 14 days.

Then in the next 2 weeks I went up to 220lbs in the first week and then back to 216, and now, at end of week 4, im at 217lbs again.

I havent lost in two weeks. I AM ANGERED BY THIS FACT.
My measurements have gone down, and I have read that I have to shock the body and really I shouldn't follow induction for long even though atkins says you can follow for as long as you want to.

You see, Ive followed it for as long as Ive been on the program.
Please help me break this plateau.

Facts:
- Ive been following induction for 4 weeks
- However I find it hard to eat vegetables (does it affect weight loss?)
- I drink 1 tbsp - 2tbsp of psyllium husk a day.
- I try as many times as possible to include healthy fats such as walnut oil (omega 6)
- I weight train 5x a week
- I gain muscle too easily! But still, with all the exercise and cardio ill list below i still should be losing! And I havent been gaining muscle ive measured!
- I cardio every day for 30 mins (jogging), once a week I have a soccer game
- In an effort to shock my body, Ive performed cardio twice a day, 30mins bouts of jogging low/moderate intensity, along with weight training at high reps to define and avoid muscle gain.
- It hasnt done anything for me.
THE PAST TWO WEEKS
- Ive tried higher calories (of course below maintenance)
- Ive tried lower calories (near fat fast)
- All of these coupled with exercise and weight training.

MY SOLUTION? Today I decided to give the body a break and eat a few chunks of canteloupe, a little pot of papaya yogurt, some French Vanilla Oatmeal for Lunch and Ill introduce some carbs at dinner, although no desserts of course, I just want the actual glucose to kind of shock the body.

I really see no other way out. WHat wait more? The ketones strips say Im burning fat! The scale doesnt go down! I have a bodyfat calipers but you guys know how those can give you innacurate readings each time.

Please help out. WHat can i do based on my problem, TO GET OUT OF MY PLATEAU??

Last edited by dan_mc3 : Thu, Jan-29-04 at 12:46.
Sponsored Links