Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 20:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 284/256/140
BF:too much
Progress: 19%
Unhappy fell off the wagon,

Back in March I fell off the wagon....... for my brothers birthday I had a piece of cake with a little Ice cream, the following weekend I ate almost a whole bag of popcorn, and have sence eaten doughnuts, more cake and just had a piece of coconut cream pie tonight, DaHHHH I know better then to do this cause all it does is slow me down. Durning the weeks its not so bad, I stick to the diet 20 and under mostly, but lately the weekends have been killers. As I am eating this Carb filled food I was asking my self the question "why am I eating this" and my answer was Because I can, it taste good and my cravings are back. AHHHHHH HELP!!!!!

I work out everyday during the week and drink LOTS of water.
I even have pictures on the frige of the way I looked when I graduated from High School and it used to be that my focus was sooooo intuned and now I seem to have lost that focus.
I am thankful tho.....My husband is sooooo goood about LCing and is very encouraging, HE even made me a LC Chile that only has 7 carbs per every cup and a half

ITs funny before I was LCing I was inhaleing 1300 carbs a day and now I sometimes cheat to maybe 50 -70 carbs on the weekends, but it still sucks.

SO my question is How do I get my Focus back? Maybe you have had the same situation and could share with me your story and how you overcame this stumbling block.
Thanks
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 22:09
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Stephanie,

I've been in your shoes and sometimes it is hard to get the focus back. For me, it took me gaining 40 of the 100 pounds lost back before I took a long hard look at myself. When it comes down to it, we all control the food we take in...it doesn't control us. I know, easier said than done. One thing that works for me is this.....if I get the urge, I make myself wait 30 minutes before I give into that urge. Now, during that 30 minutes I do one of several different things. I go for a quick brisk walk, and when I get back I feel so good that I don't want to undo what I have just done by eating something that is not within my carb limit. Another thing I do is come here and read the success stories...always an inspiration. Or another thing I do is reward myself...if I don't have that cookie that is screaming....eat me, eat me...I will go and buy myself a little something....nothing wild or extravagant....sometimes it's as simple as a bath bomb...something that I will get enjoyment from.

I know how hard it is sometimes and after I fell off the wagon....I was in and out of the induction phase for a least 4 months before I was able to mentally get back in the game. You are worth the effort it takes and I am happy that your DH is helpful and supportive. Contact me anytime you are feeling like it's just not working or worth it.....it helps to have a shoulder...and this is a great place for it!

Take care,

Jo
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:19

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs down A need to refocus

Hi Stephanie

So you are losing your low carb focus. It happens to many of us on any diet after a couple of months when you see the months of eating like this streching ahead and you want more variety.

Well, how badly do you want to lose weight? If the answer is a lot, then you need to take back control of what you put in your mouth. No one else does it but you! Brutal, but true.

I think you need to have a good look at what you are eating during the week and at weekends. Make sure there is plenty of variety there. Plenty of protein and vegetables and when you are full from these your brain should not be thinking of sweet foods.

You sound a bit like me in my low fat days. I'd be good all week and then have a few treats on the weekend. I put on lots of weight that way!

Be true and honest with yourself. Eat enough and enjoy what you eat, but keep the carbs at an acceptable level. If you eat higher carb levels you are only cheating yourself, no one else.

Hope that the rest of Monday goes OK for you and you can get back on track this week.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 20:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 284/256/140
BF:too much
Progress: 19%
Default Thanks

Thanks Jo and Little Anne,
Yes today went better then it has for the last few weeks, not bad for a Monday, you are both right I need to get serious. I think I was getting sick of eatting eggs and salad amoungest other things all the time and I just let myself go.
Thanks for setting me straight!!!!
AT least I know someone cares out here,

As always
Stephanie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 23:38
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Keep going girl....you are doing great! One day at a time.

Jo
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: BE AT 225 BY 6-14-04!!!
Stats: 380/315/225 Female 5ft4in
BF:225 BY 6-14-04
Progress: 42%

Hi Stephanie!!!!!

Wow reading your post was like rereading my last journal entry. Like you I feel like crap after the cheating, while I'm cheating I know I'm gonna feel like crap, and still did it anyway. I try and justify by saying well the popcorn has fiber or it will cause some movement(if ya know what I mean).

Monday morning Back on and by evening the bloating is gone and I feel better. But I have to realize it is in my control only! I can decide to do what I know is right and best for me or I can choose to do what feels good now and pay later.

Of course it's really easy to say that and very hard to keep to it. But hey, I think we can do it!!!

Let's keep in touch!!!!!!