Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/191/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Amount of cream after induction?

I have a question for all you low carb experts out there.

I just completed induction a few days ago, and have started using whipping cream. ( In my coffee - on my 1/4 cup raspberries ) The reason I'm doing this is because I'm worried that I'm not getting enough calories. I have a hard time getting them to 1500, I just feel so FULL all the time! I'm also putting lots of butter on my brocolli in an effort to get those calories up there. I suppose I ate about 5-6 oz of whipping cream today.

Now that you have some background, here is the question. Is all that cream counter productive? Is there a limit, or guideline, once you've completed induction? As long as I am keeping my carb/protein/fat ratios in line, should I be concerned?

Please, please, please share your expertise!

Thanks
Lolli
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:16

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Amount of cream after induction?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lolli-J
Is all that cream counter productive? Is there a limit, or guideline, once you've completed induction?
Hiyah Lolli! Congrats on the first two weeks

Re all that cream - if you're still losing and you're feeling fine then there's really no problem, as far as I can see. It's not about the fat anymore - except to get enough of it I remember whipping up batches with peanut butter to get my calories up, worked like a charm - dense calories, yummy cream - what more could you ask for?

Using butter, mayo, cream and olive oil are all great ways to keep fat intake high and your body happy. Remember, Fat is your friend!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 12:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/191/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Thanks Nat!

I was pretty sure that was the case, but just wanted some assurance.

Since cream was limited on induction, I thought there might be some scarey taboo that I wasn't aware of!

Lolli