Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 174/151/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:35%/31%/20%
Progress: 68%
Talking Wedding photo, 20 lbs ago...Whoa!

My husband I were married on May 2nd of this year....10 years to the day of our first date!!!!

Shopping for a dress was a nightmare.....I envisioned a sexy, slinky little number, but when I hit the bridal boutique dressing rooms reality sunk in: I could barely get a size 20 zippered (in wedding dresses a 20 is equivalent to a 16 in street clothes). Sexy just wasn't an option in a size 20 dress.

Two weeks before the wedding I hadn't found anything at all that I liked, so I bought a dress off of Ebay sight-unseen. Very plain....not much pomp and circumstance. The fat on my back rolled over the dress ever-so-slightly, so I was OK with it. I special-ordered a feather headpiece from an artist in England. (My grand scheme was that if I added 8 inches of height to the top of my head, then maybe it would give the illusion that I was tall and lean). HA!! LOL LOL LOL Not.

Looking back at these photos, makes me adore my husband sooooo much. Here I was, 40 pounds heavier than when I met him and he was as sweet and kind and loving as he was on our first date!!. I was embarrassed of myself, but he wasn't. He seemed so proud of me.

Shortly after the wedding, on May 16th to be exact, I began Atkins. I thought that the greatest wedding gift that I could give to my husband was a thinner, happier, healthier me. (He had accepted me and married me at my very heaviest.....now I was determined to roll back the numbers on the scale and give him the girl he fell in love with 10 years ago).......

Two months later I am down 20 pounds. I enjoy life. I marvel at the world in a whole different way. I embrace my family (my husband and
8 year-old daughter) with a powerful new appreciation.

And this is only the beginning of this wonderful journey!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

What an inspirational story! I'm so glad for you. Isn't it great to finally be in control and know that you can stay with this way of eating forever?

judy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 19:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 174/151/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:35%/31%/20%
Progress: 68%
Default Thanks Judy!!

Talk about inspirational!! Your weight loss numbers are super impressive. Yeah for you!!!

I have been 30 minutes trying to figure out how to put my wedding pictures (then) and current picture (now) as a file attachment to the thread.

I keep getting an error message that says that my images are 566,197 (something-or-other) and they need to be 104,400.....I am about to give up!!

Anyway...thanks for the response!! I love this forum. It is so nice to share thoughts, ideas, dreams and aspirations with others who are "in the same boat."

Take care!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 20:57

Stats: 202/117/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

What a great wedding gift, not only for your husband and daughter, but for yourself. Thank you for sharing your story.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 21:01

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

that is terrific and a present to last a lifetime!
Jan