Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 10:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/153
BF:2 much for now
Progress: 0%
Default cocktails?

Moment of truth here.......how many have a cocktail a day with a no sugar mixer, low or no carb alcohol, and still manage to lose wt?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I gain water weight (3-4 lbs.) with any kind of alcohol - take me two or three days to loose that and I never loose beyond where I was to begin with - save the booze for special occasions. Other people have lost while drinking - it's an individual thing.

Vikki
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 11:02

Stats: 125/122/110
BF:
Progress: 20%

ok, drinking gets me waayyyy too wasted while LCing so I don't do it very often (twice to be exact). Plus, I'm having a tough enough time losing weight as it is. My bf and I are leaving on a cruise in less than a month and I don't know what I am going to do about drinking- I want to have a good time but I don't want to get too wasted. At least we will spend less $ on drinks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 12:07

Stats: 162/144/127
BF:
Progress: 51%
Thumbs up

I have cocktail(s) in the evening with my dear hubby and , although I know it slows my progress, I average 2 lbs. a week. Yes, the water weight thing kicks in because of the diuretic effect of alcohol, but I just try to up my water consumption to balance the scotch.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 14:15

Stats: 193/179/165 Male 68 inches
BF:26.5%
Progress: 50%

I use to enjoy a glass of wine or two with dinner. However, I knew how alcohol kills my energy. So, for Lent, I've given up all alcohol. My energy has picked up, but boy do I miss my wine!

I doubt I could give up wine for life!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 14:59

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

I used to have a glass or two of wine or beer while preparing dinner. I've had a couple of Michelob Ultras since starting this but I don't feel the craving for a drink that I used to so I don't have them.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 16:50

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

Since I have been LC'ing I have cut back on my boozing almost all together.

I used to drink a beer or two almost every night after work. But I pretty much limit my alcohol consumption to when I happen to goto a club or a bar, which hasn’t been that often since I moved down to Southern California.

So far I haven't notice that it stalls me. Of course, when I do drink a beer it's been Michelob Ultra, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

The one thing I noticed is that I seem to be dehydrated (bad case of cotton mouth) the next day after drinking just a couple beers. I sure down a lot of water on the day after drinking.

I don't know if this is because of the Michelob Ultra or just that I'm not used to drinking like I used to.