Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 11:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/163/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Thinking about giving up Atkins...

I was thinking about giving up on my Atkins diet until I read some journals and postings.
I started my diet on 2/15/03 and was really excited when I started to lose weight. I lost about 7 pounds within the first week and then the second and third weeks I have lost nothing, in fact I've gained a pound back what I lost. I was so frustrated and dissapointed that I wanted to get off Atkins and try a low-fat diet.
The first week on Atkins, I didn't even exercise and I was losing and in my second and third weeks I started walking and I've gained a pound. So really in three weeks I've only lost 6 pounds. Because I didn't loose any weight the second week I totally cut out my salad on induction and still I didn't lose anything. I'm still doing induction withouth the salad, because I haven't lost anything in two weeks.
What am I doing wrong? I was doing so well the first week, then now my body is not budging.
I've been reading some journals and everyone was doing so wonderfully which motivated me to stay on Atkins for a little while longer, but if I don't lose another pound by the end of this week, I'm going off of it and starting a low-fat diet.
ARE THERE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM???
I really want to know. It pains me to see all the glorifying that is done about these low-card diets and not one has something similar to mine. Do some hit plateaus as early as I have?
It's been three weeks and I'm still waiting to go on to my OWL, but with this happening to me and having to cut out my salad on induction, what does that leave for me? I'm afraid that I'll start to gain my weight back and then some if I add any more carbs to my diet.
Please help, because I'm seriously thinking about giving up on Atkins.
Addie
Sponsored Links