Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:45
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Question Losing fast feel weak! HELP!

Ok here's the thing, I'm down 76 pounds in 5 months which is great, I'm thrilled. But I've lost 30 of that since March 28 and am starting to feel a bit weak and tired all the time. I use to not take naps and now just want to sleep all the time. (NO I'm not preggo, just got done with TOM)

I think it's time to move on to OWL, what do you all think?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:48

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:

I think its definately time to move to OWL ... your body may be "acting up" so to speak due to the little carbs that you are doing... try uping them up by 5 carbs and see if that makes you feel better.. and are you taking your supplements and your water? and are you eating enough calories?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:50
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Thanks for responding so quickly luddybell.

Yes I take my supplements, called Woman's Daily Pak and my water, lots of it. I eat about 3000-3100 calories daily. I exercise 6 days a week too. OH and my carb intake is around 20-25 usually.

Suggestions?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:53

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:

hmmm i would try to up it at least 5 carbs and see if thats why your feeling fatigued... and if that doesnt help i would definately talk to my family doctor.. ( i recently had a "spell " like this and wound up under the knife for a gallbladder removal)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:55

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

I had this at first, and was advised to boost my B-complex vitamins and my magnesium. I dont know what your taking for supplements, but by upping mine I got rid of that tired all the time feeling.

Also, I am not knocking your loss, (I actually follow you exactly) and I think your loss is phenomenal, but but 30 lbs in 3 weeks is scary.

Just a thought, Any chance of thyroid changes going on?
If not, just be happy, do as you suggest, lighten up the strict carb thing a bit so you feel better and take another nap. If I remember right you have small kids and that can wear anyone out.

Keep your chin up.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:55
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

OK I will up my carbs and see what happens this week. I'll keep ya posted. Gosh, I don't want my gallbladder removed. Hope you are doing better now!

Thank you!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:59
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMe2Kids
I had this at first, and was advised to boost my B-complex vitamins and my magnesium. I dont know what your taking for supplements, but by upping mine I got rid of that tired all the time feeling.

Also, I am not knocking your loss, (I actually follow you exactly) and I think your loss is phenomenal, but but 30 lbs in 3 weeks is scary.

Just a thought, Any chance of thyroid changes going on?
If not, just be happy, do as you suggest, lighten up the strict carb thing a bit so you feel better and take another nap. If I remember right you have small kids and that can wear anyone out.

Keep your chin up.

I take Woman's Daily Pak, it has Calcium, Vitamin E, Mulit-Vitamin/minerals, Evening Primerose Oil and Gelatin. I also take Flaxseed capsules.
This is the reason I'm seeking advice, I know 30 pounds in 3 weeks is way too fast. I'd be happy with half that a month.
Just went to doctor last week but didn't get checked for thyroid problems just BP and cholesterol. Which came back ok.
Yes I do have a little one, he'll be 2 on Friday. But he doesn't wear me out really. I think I wear him out.

Thanks
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 05:04

Stats: 193.8/188.2/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 9%

I am taking Centrum for a multi vitamin something new for me but since taking them i lost no weight can someone tell me if this vit may be the cause of no weight loss thanks I live in Nova Scotia anyone from here know of this vit?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:00

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Lily

People don't lose that rapidly even when they fast as a general rule.

Either you have stumbled onto some mystical food combination for rapid weight loss or something is wrong....you may want to talk to your doctor about this....its no wonder you are feeling weak...that is just too much to lose in 3 weeks time....granted if it was safe I'd sure like to lose that fast though....3-5 pounds is considered very fast weight loss, but 10 pounds a week is unreal.

I would not want to see your weight loss derailed in any way but upping your carbs or something seems a wise thing to do at this point, but I would still see a doctor to make sure there is nothing else causing this kind of weight loss...I hope everything is ok and you feel better soon.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:03
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Thanks,

I've spoken to my doctor on the phone just right before I had lunch and he says to up my carbs and see how I feel after the end of this week.

He looked in my records from last week's visit and says he sees no abnormalities from the test they ran on me.

So that's good news. He does want to see me if this persist. So I will keep note of how I feel for rest of the week.

Thanks everyone for your support.

#11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:18

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

I went through something like this last year. I started losing weight really fast and thought the ephedra I was taking was working ! I was so fatigued that I couldn't walk across the room without feeling exhausted. I went to the doc and was tested for thyroid, found out I had Graves disease...hyperactive thyroid.After a few months of meds, I've gotten it under control.
Please have your thyroid checked !
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:21
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patigayle
I went through something like this last year. I started losing weight really fast and thought the ephedra I was taking was working ! I was so fatigued that I couldn't walk across the room without feeling exhausted. I went to the doc and was tested for thyroid, found out I had Graves disease...hyperactive thyroid.After a few months of meds, I've gotten it under control.
Please have your thyroid checked !

What is this disease about? I don't like that it's called Graves.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:25
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Never mind I found it on the internet. Thanks!

Making doctor's appointment right now. Phone is on my ear.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:28
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm so glad you are making your appointment. My prayers are with you that you are okay. You're such a sweet and supportive person ....keep healthy woman!!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:35
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophotia
I'm so glad you are making your appointment. My prayers are with you that you are okay. You're such a sweet and supportive person ....keep healthy woman!!!

Thanks. I'm waiting for a call back for my appointment date. I checked the sypmtoms, I had only had 6 out of 21 listed symptoms but it's enough to make me want to go get checked.

I'll keep everyone posted of date for my appointment and what results come back as.

Thanks again.

I better get off here cause I just felt like if I was gonna faint. That's not good.

Later,