Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 22:37

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Question Nitric Oxide

I just finished reading an interesting book that I picked up at GNC for a buck. "The new Science of Bodybuilding - NO2, The 21 day transformation" . It's all about the effects of nitric oxide on bodybuilding and how it is capable of increasing muscle mass and reducing body fat. I am very very new to bodybuilding and wondered if anyone had any information on this.

~ Cori ~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 00:38

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/179/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:lots/less/<20%
Progress: 51%

most of the sources that I've seen have not supported the claims of the NO2 sellers -
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 21:59

BF:
Wink

Thanks for the info Lisa. Do you have any links about the downside of NO? I've seen several NO products on the market and just wasn't sure about the scientific side of it. I've read through the NO2 book but it's tough to get through for a beginner. I don't wanna take anything I'm not sure about until I've got all the facts. Some say it's awesome and worth every cent. Others have said it's ok but not worth the money....

~ Cori ~
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 22:28

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 214/175/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default No2

It's just like any other natural supplement that you try. It works for some people and not for others. You really can't use other people with natural supplements, it just depends on your body. I wish everyone would know that important fact.
To use NO2 for weight loss, you only need to do 4 pills a day instead of 8 or 10. Did the GNC that you went to have the other NO2 book, for low carb dieters?
I have heard from friends who used it that they got headaches, because it makes the blood rush to your head, but after a day it went away. I also have a friend who said it made him feel "high" that's also from the increased blood flow.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 15:54

BF:
Wink

Nope, they didn't have any other books. It's a fairly small store. I though they would have more sports nutrition literature but they had a total of 3 books. Two of which were at a discount. That's the only reason I picked up that NO2 book. I would like to see more sports nutrition books geared toward low carbers and how supplements interact with the body with an absence or very low levels of carbohydrates in the diet. Buuutt, I suppose that's asking too much too soon. LC is just getting accepted as a way to lose weight, not a WOL so I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice on NO2, I'm sure I'll try it at some point in the future, but at this point I'm just starting out weight training I'm almost guaranteed to put on muscle. I'll try a year or so from now when I'm having trouble gaining muscle.

~ Cori ~