Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 200/184/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy boys and girls, i need a little of encouragement

i don't understand what is happening with me...i am on "platau" for 23 days. yesterday i did first day of fat fast. i hoped to break thi platau. i felt really bad yestarday. i was weak, had hadache, terrible...
and today i HAVE 2 LBS more then yesterday.
i am dissapointed.. jo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223.5/192.5/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Can you tell us more about your eating within the past 23 days? Exercise? Post a couple menus? It's hard to say what would cause a plateau w/ out that...

Katie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:27

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 194/180.5/160 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

A little encouragement: After 3 weeks of bouncing between 183 and 180, I had the following weights:

Tues: 179 (170s finally)
Wed: 177.5
Thurs: 175
Sun: 174

In the couple days between Thurs and Sun, and the days since, I have bounced around in the range between 175 and 178.

I am not tremendously sure what happened, but my body just finally stopped hanging onto the low 180s. I haven't seen a weight higher than 178 since Tuesday.

It might be good to note that I am aware that I shouldn't weigh in every day and you probably know that too. I am guessing that you do from the fact that you know you have been at this weight for precisely 23 days.

My advice is to not worry about it. Provided you are following your plan, getting enough water, sleep and exercise . . . then you are losing fat, which is what we all really care about. If you are starting to get to the point that you are considering giving up, whip out that ol' tape measure. That was what I turned to for motivation during my dry spell for weight loss. The numbers were dropping on that, so I knew something was working.

Last edited by Vonhinx : Tue, Jul-15-03 at 14:29.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 16:37

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'll second what Katie said. Without knowing more about what you're eating, it's hard to even speculate on what's going on. Can you post some average days' menus?
Feeling lousy while doing the fat fast isn't unusual (one of the reasons I probably won't do it more than the one time I have), but this is probably the first time that I've seen a report of a weight gain on the fat fast. Are you by chance eating something very salty like salted macadamia nuts?