Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 00:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/138/125
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Bummed out

I am quite bummed out. I am nearing the end of the induction phase of the diet. The beginning was great. I was losing approx. 2 lbs per day for the first 6 days.
Now I am stuck and don't know why.I go up a 1/2 lb. & down 1/2lb. from day to day now.
Things were amazing & now they're dissapointing. I am getting my period (not to be gross). Could this have anything to do w/ being bloated and/or retaining water?
My carbs range from 10- 18 gms/day but flucuate depending on how hungry I am. I also drank diet rite cola- it says caff free/aspertame free. Could that be a problem?
I sm following the rules of food consumption otherwise.
Can Anyone Help?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 02:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You've been low-carbing for 15 days and you're complaining about being almost 50% to goal?

Reality check time! This isn't a quick weight loss diet and what you are experiencing is entirely normal. Really! It is! Up, then down, up, then down, plateau, down, up, etc. Think of the adjustment your body is going through and just let it. If you normally retain water with your TOM, then you're retaining water. If you want to ax the Diet Rite, then ax it.

Relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. You've got a lifetime of great eating and health benefits ahead of you. Chuck the scale. Don't depend upon a piece of metal to tell you how you feel. Appreciate the small stuff and you'll be eternally grateful that your low-carbing.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 03:32

Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default I agree with Karen

Wow you have lost 2 pounds a day for 6 days. That is really great especially when you don't have to lose that much in the first place. concider yourself successful already since most people find it really really hard to lose their last 5-20 pounds.

This WOE is not a magic potion and the weight will come off eventually if you just stick to it and stay away from the scale for a while if it is not moving fast enough for you.

Also remember that most of the weight that you lose at first is water loss and with this WOE it can be very easy to get dehydrated so that is why you really need to drink plenty of water, I mean lots and lots of water.
Water will make you feel great and it will help flush out the bad toxins in your body.

oh and one more thing. I personally don't even bother with the scale when TOM is here I just return back to weighing myself after it passes. ( because sometimes it wont change or my weight might be higher)

Anyway, Good luck on your weight loss, please don't get discouraged you are doing really great so far.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 06:14
Registered Member

Stats: 189/149/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default I know what you mean!

I can easily see 8-10 extra pounds right before and about 3 days after on the scale

Also, a mind body trick I've noticed is that no matter what I put on I feel frumpy and bloated and yucky

But I also feel like I need tons of salty food and then I crave sugary stuff
right before tom

Its all so crazy!!