Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 11:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question ?? for pregnant low carbers ?????

Just wondering If you was LC when you got pregnant did you notice your weight stall ???My weights climbing back up the last few days & my measurmants are going up got to reading my journal Oh gosh IM scared just when I gave up ttc & decided I didnt want no more I need to go buy a test now & pray its negative.My boobs have also grown & inch in two weeks & have hurted im really hoping im not...as I was just starting to enjoy loosing weight. If I am it could only be a couple weeks since Ovulation.I just had to no how it effected the scale & your measurmants???Thanxs....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 16:22

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You might swing over to Elihnig's journal and see what happened to her early on.

Best to ya!

Out of curiosity - what's "ttc"?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 18:11

BF:

Thanxs!! Trying to concieve (ttc) lol by the way your doing great on the weightloss keep it up!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:47
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

The first thing that I noticed, about 2 weeks after conception, I'm guessing, was that my size 10 jeans I had been enjoying were tight! I switched to the size 12's. I took my test a week after I thought I should have had my period and I was pregnant. I had been trying to conceive since July myself. I carbed out at Christmas, (not very bad, but endulged some) and was fine until I had to start teaching again in January. I was miserable with morning sickness for the whole month, and then in the beginning of February I caught the "crud" that was going around and was sick for 2 weeks with that. So, my eating has been wierded out and strange for me as I try to eat enough protein and not do too much harm with carbs.

By the way, I also got pregnant during a time when we decided not to try too hard because I didn't want to have my baby when school starts next year. Well, I'm due the 25th of August. Just once was all it took, which I'm finding funny since of all the extra trying we had been doing previously. Also, I had given up the chromium piccolinate that I had been taking before I conceived. It made me feel great but I was wondering if it interferred with conception. Not a scientific thing, just a guess.

Breast enlargement also happens to some people premenstrally.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Beth
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 12:48

BF:

Thank you Beth for posting.

isnt that the way it happens when we give up & start loosing weight with all my daughters 3 of them I had just lost 15 pnds & bam prego. We havnt been beding barely at all because I dont wanna get pregnant.My last cycle was only 18 days so far im on day 23 Im really hoping this stall & tight cloths are due to PMS & not preg I tested last night & this morning thank god both negative but I no Im not outa the woods yet being only day 23 mightve been to early for testing.Well im sure id be happy if I am.Im just hoping & praying (god must think im one confused lady after praying for to yrs to concieve & now im praying he protect me from it )Im not!!!lolol Well better get going have a happy & healthy pregnancy beth!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 12:17

Stats: 196/166/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I just found out im preg with my 3rd and listening to all medical advice i quickly tried to load up on (healthy) carbs (around 100g) and get out of ketosis - I was surprised when i found out i was pregnant cuz the other 2 i had crazy nausea and throwing up and food aversions and i wasnt feeling any of it - now that i have more carbs in my system all of a sudden i'm feeling the nausea again somewhat...i have a theory maybe ketosis and/or low carb perhaps suppress the nausea but am scared to go back to it cuz I don't want to endanger the fetus...anyone else ever experience this "nausea suppression"???
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 16:35
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I am 9 weeks pregnant and sticking to a maintenance level of Atkins (I am not counting carbs, but have just added in extra fruit and veggies, so maybe 50-60 carbs a day?)
Anyway, this is my first pregnancy, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I have not had ONE BIT of nausea!!! YAHOO!

And Melanie, my first symptoms were that the scale was not moving, but I started to fit into a smaller pair of pants, and my breasts got bigger and mroe sensitive (which I thought could have been PMS, but turns out it wasn't!!) I think my body was just rearranging itself!