Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default New here, and frustrated!

Hi everyone!
I've been reading this board for a while, and I think it's amazing. So, now I'm asking for help!
I'm on Day 9 of Atkins induction, and I haven't lost anything since day 3! I'm following to the letter. I have tried upping my calories, that didn't seem to do anything. I even gave up all the jello and coffee...no dice. I want to stick out induction at least, but I'm frustrated because I thought this was when I was supposed to be losing the fastest! Please, if anyone has suggestions...
Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 09:55

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi Susan,

Welcome and I hope I can be of some help to you.

Your body is adjusting and you need to give it more time. 4 lbs is great in 9 days, how much would you expect to lose in this time on another diet.

This WOE will help you lose weight but you will have to be more patient, some people only weigh themselves once a month and after induction (by the way you will probably lose more in the next few days) things will slow down depending on your body, we are all different and will all lose at our bodies pace and not at the pace we would like it to be.

Read a few journals - Ravens and LC Sponges are two of the best to read and you will see how their sheer determination has helped enormously.

Happy LCing and remember it may take a bit of time but it will be worth it.

Bez

#3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 10:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome aboard, Susan

Bez is right, 4 lbs is great. Consider that you do not have a lot of weight to lose, and it will be slower for you. Not the greatest news I'm sure, but slow losers are still losers. In some respects slow is better; it allows you the time to learn a new way of eating thus ensuring you keep the weight off once you reach goal.

Why not start up a Journal and keep track of what you're eating and thinking? More details would make it possible for us to help you.

Cheers,
Nat