Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 08:30

Plan: First Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Starting Phase 2 ! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!

Im sooo excited! I have luscious strawberries and whole wheat bread. YAY!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 08:52
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 270/266/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 3%

Sounds yummy! Congrats on surviving P1 and losing 5 pounds!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 12:48

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%

Hi Boom,

I just started Phase2 today,as well. Great going on the 5 lb. loss!

I wish you success in Phase 2.I,too,am excited to have some Hi-Protein cereal in the AM.I was getting a bit burned out on eggs. Just remember,the slower you add things back in the easier it will be to pick out those foods that might stall you or cause cravings.I'm trying to add just one thing a day.It used to be that if I ate cereal I'd be hungry all day but now,with the right kinds,it keeps me full for hours.

Best of luck to you...

Linda
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 12:50

BF:

I have basically only had strawberries so far, and my Fiber 1 cereal. Do you know any other good cereals? I dont like that Uncle Sams much.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 09:03

Boom,

It was stated somewhere in the book that you can have Go Lean crunch and in the smaller book it says other Hi Protein cereals.I have bought another of the Go Lean called Kashi Good Friends.They are both great and great mixed.I have also started adding some flax seeds to it.

Now I have a question.I wonder if we could possibly have the LeCarb milk?The #'s all seem to be good on it and it is so much better than 1%.I think,if I remember right,it is give and take...one is lower in carbs and the other is lower in fat,but I think both were close to the same in sat fat. I know he cannot list every product out there and since some are so new I sometimes think he would say it was ok but I hate to make bad decisions.

Another product I decided to go with,rather than bread is the LaTortilla wraps.I sure hope they are ok as it made a great dinner last night.I guess I'll listen to my body to see if they affect me weight wise.

Have a great day and thanks for anything you can share...

Linda
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 17:29

BF:

Thank LA Girl!

I think it would be fine, with that kind of in depth analsys happening. I saw that in the market and it looked yummy. If anything, you can have it as part of your daily 75 cals or less sugar free product, like a pudding. But I think you would be fine.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 08:45

Thanks Boom...hope all is well with you.I did get the 1% and it is just so much better and while it has just a bit more fat it is lower in carbs so I guess it is give and take.I have stayed the same the past few days andwill keep an eye out for what might stall me.I do know that I have been lax in the exercise dept. but plan to get that started on the right foot next week.

Have a wonderful SB day,
Linda