Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 20:59
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 227/???/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Anyone who started around July 1 and needs to lose 60-90 pounds

Hey! I saw a thread for people who started around June 1, but I started July 1, so I figured us newbies could stick it out together! Anyone who has recently started and has a lot of weight to lose and wants some support and challenges and such, please reply! I think this would also be a good way for us to get to know each other!

--
A little about myself:

I'm 19 and started the diet at 227 on July 1, but am now around 221/221.5. My goal is 135. I gained about 55 pounds in the past year due to a decreased metabolism combined with a newfound thyroid disorder. I'm ready to get rid of the new weight and then some.
--
Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/235/160
BF:
Progress:
Default Me too!

I just started yesterday and was interested in finding a "buddy" too!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:21
Contributing Member

BF:

Awesome, you doing alright so far? My first couple of days I had horrible cravings, but they passed.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 03:20
Registered Member

Plan: The New High Protein Diet
Stats: 266/222/147 Female 167cm
BF:42.9/34.2/23.7
Progress: 37%

I'm looking for a buddy too! I started 30th june (again!).

I have kept a journal (www.livejournal.com/users/active_lowcarb) of my progress throughout the re-start, however, it's proving to be rather difficult (it's barely budging!!) than when I did Atkins. Hey ho! I'm sticking to it, I have 65lbs to lose..

I need all the help I can get!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:34
Registered Member

Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%

I'll join you ladies if you don't mind - I just started up again today after about a one year break. I have a goal of 45 lbs but it may end up being 50 as my scale this AM said 199 vs. the 195 I thought I was at. Oh well all the more reason to get going! I have a journal as well in the journal section under Catbert's Journal - I know - very original - oh well lets keep this lively - cats
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 17:32
Contributing Member

BF:

Great! I'm glad there are people interested in this. I hope more people reply to the thread. The more the merrier!

I was thinking... one of the most important things, it seems, in the beginning is to make sure you get enough water. So how about a challenge to see who can drink the most water in a week? It sounds crazy, but back in the not so good 'ole days when I was in a low-fat diet forum, they did this a lot, and it seemed to motivate everyone to get their water in!

So how about every day, we post the number of ounces of water we have had. I can tally them up at the end of each week... And we can see who is full of the most.. um... water?? I dunno. It sounds fun!

Anyone up for it?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 17:34
Contributing Member

BF:

Cyashpal, I see that you have a livejournal, do you mind if I add you to my friends list on there? My sn is mne1983.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 21:16

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ohhh.. this sounds fun! Of course, I'm wanting to lose a bit more than the 90 lbs But I would love to join in with a water challenge or something of that sort - just as long as you don't kill me tryin to get there
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 21:38
Contributing Member

BF:

Lissame, No problem! I started wanting to lose about 92 pounds. Only 85.5 to go! I'm sure we won't kill you on the way. It's great to have people to talk to that are just starting as well. It's a kind of "learn together as we go along" kind of thing.

By the way... is your actual name Melissa? Cause that's mine too. ;-)

So when should we start our weekly water challenge.. thingie?
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 22:19

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Hi i'm starting in the morning. Doing Atkins but modified, keeping carbs under 40g. Going to really start exercising. Wanting to take some pounds off before school started. I have 77 lbs to lose! I wanted a buddy but this is a great way! I can have a bunch of buddies. I'll be posting tomorrow!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 22:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 198/189/129
BF:
Progress:

*waves* I started on July 7, and I have 60 pounds to lose!

I'm Hilary - single mommy to three little ones (a 5 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and 22mo son). I'm going to be 27 at the end of next month, and I am soooo ready to lose this weight. I've done CAD twice now...and something happens, and I just fall off the bandwagon!

I'm at 189 and my goal is 129!

(and I love the water challenge idea! )
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 02:57
Registered Member

Plan: The New High Protein Diet
Stats: 266/222/147 Female 167cm
BF:42.9/34.2/23.7
Progress: 37%

Missa: Feel free to add me! I do have a 'general' livejournal as well. But that doesn't really have much re: LCing!!

As for water, I drink so much 5 days a week - office worker! (weekends a bugger). That, I sometimes think I have water in my vains, not blood!!

xxx
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 09:28
Registered Member

Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%
Default Water Challenged - heehee

What a great Idea - I am trying to drink a Gal (128 oz) per day - made it yesterday, and have about 40 in today so far. I've done atkins before - got great results and got down to 179 last fall. Got lazy this spring and put it all back on +5 quickly. So I am coming back with a vengence. The water is one of the key elements so I am sold on the water contest. Hope you all have a great day - & I'll visit your journals - feel free to visit mine - Cats
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 09:45
Contributing Member

BF:

Well, I'm off to work, but I'll make sure to respond to everyone's posts when I get back at 6. (I don't want you thinking I'm ignoring you!) So I'll talk to you guys soon! It sounds like you're all doing a great job!!

btw, I'm down to 219 from 220.5 last night! YAY!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 11:33

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Oooo, let's start soon.. I'm already drowning myself in water everyday as it is I read somewhere that we are suppose to consume 1 quart/liter for every 50lbs of our body weight. I'd surely float away!!

I've wanted to get on that live journal thing, but evidentally you have to have someone already on there give you a 'code' or something before you can start. My sister does it but she gave all hers away! brat, lol.

Oh, and yes Missa... my name is Melissa

Last edited by lissame : Wed, Jul-09-03 at 12:08.