Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 14:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default getting bored with eating the same foods please help

[SIZE=3][FONT=courier new][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=red]
Hey you all, just gone back on induction after 3 weeks on low fat rosemary colney diet, on my second day and im allready stuck for ideas for food, i dont eat many vegetables,or fish and eggs,as we dont have so many low carb products like the us, im finding it hard,i was seasoning my food with all purpose seasoning,last time but checked the carb content today it was 20g per 100 grms, so that is a no no, i was using nando`s sauces just 1 spoon for 4 chicken breasts and that is 12grms per 100g, my food is tasteless, and it is putting me off, what can i use to marinade meat whilst on induction, whether it is shop bought or home made,i need help on menu ideas, as i intend to stay on induction for as long as i can, please please please please help me, thanks roch
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 01:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation Jazzing up induction

Hi Roch

Sorry to hear that you are finding it difficult to get back into low carbing and the choices of foods.

You said about a seasoning being 20 g per 100g, but how much of it do you use? Using most spices and herbs is fine to marinate your food as the amount you use is quite small and is probably just one or two carbs at best.

I must admit I tend to eat my meat quite plain anyway as a pan fried steak or porkchop is OK for me. You might want to do a stir fry with chicken breast and use cream cheese to coat the chicken towards the end of the process.

Have a look at some of the sections in this newbies thread of hot links. That will give you more ideas of what to do with your food.

Do not worry about not having specific low carb products. You do not need them. I've been low carbing quite happily for 20 months now and do not feel any need to use them.

Every success.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/280/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi I have just started l'cing, and have invented a lovely sauce for chicken, i use mayonnaise and add some garlic powder, and black pepper, mix it all up (it is not measured just to your own taste) and if you are grilling chicken (breasts or whatever) spoon a heapful onto the chicken and put it under the grill till it bubbles and turns a little golden, also you can add some parmesan cheese to it, it is deleicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Since you can have mayo there is no carbs in the garlic or pepper, and just a little in the parmesan. Try it you'll love it. Bye Bunner