Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 19:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/124/105 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Servings of cheese past induction?

I am way past induction, but still do my carbs at induction level. What I'm wondering is, if I ate more than 3 or 4 servings of cream cheese in a day, but still had my carb level at 20; would this cause a problem?
I don't eat any other cheese at this time, just cream cheese. I don't like plain cream cheese so I do add flavoring.
Tonight I made two wonderfull desserts that I found on this forum and they both were with cream cheese. I know I had more than my 3 or 4 servings. Maybe 5 or 6? LOL
Anyway what is the reason that we are suppose to limit our cheese, besides the obvious possibility of plumbing problems?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 20:55
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I think that is one of those things that depends on the person. As long as you are losing weight, I wouldn't worry too much!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/124/105 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks Paleoanth, I really was just having too much fun making and tasting (big tastes) the desserts.
I have a picnic to go tomarro and was experimenting for something that I could take that everyone would like.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 22:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

When it comes to raising your carbs during OWL , you'll notice that dairy is not the first way to do it.

It doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a good, creamy dessert or cottage cheese for breakfast every now and again, it just means to proceed with caution and not to sacrifice your vegetable carbs for dairy carbs.

Karen